1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 1, 2010 9:07 PM by crimedoggies RSS

Least expensive plans for a Storm 9530

HumanBeing

I was given an unused Storm 9530 with what looks like a SIM card in it. Never been activated.

Wife has been without a cellphone for a while and we want to get an affordable plan for it.

Firstly, is a prepaid plan possible for the 9530? I get the impression that it isn't...

Secondly, is the $30 data package required because it's a BlackBerry?

Lastly, is the $40 single-line plan (450 minutes) the cheapest?

Honestly, we don't want to have to pay $70 to use this

phone. Prepaid would be the best fit at this point.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Least expensive plans for a Storm 9530
          crimedoggies

HumanBeing wrote:

I was given an unused Storm 9530 with what looks like a SIM card in it. Never been activated.

Wife has been without a cellphone for a while and we want to get an affordable plan for it.

Firstly, is a prepaid plan possible for the 9530? I get the impression that it isn't... Smartphones are not compatible with Verizon's prepaid plans

Secondly, is the $30 data package required because it's a BlackBerry? Yes, as a smartphone the Storm is required to have a $29.99 data pkg

Lastly, is the $40 single-line plan (450 minutes) the cheapest? Yes the $39.99 450 plan is the cheapest unless you have been a customer long enough to activate the phone on a loyalty plan in which case the 50 min loyalty plan for $25 (still need the data pkg) would be the cheapest.

Honestly, we don't want to have to pay $70 to use this

phone. Prepaid would be the best fit at this point. If it is unused, sell it on Ebay and use the money to get a feature phone, or swap it on Craig's list for another phone that doesn't require data.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks! You're welcome