The symbol stands for:Location E911: Indicates Global Positioning Service (GPS)
for 911 is set to On for emergency calls only.
You will not be able to shut it off. If you want GPS locator on all the time here are the instructions. This will be the same icon, with arrows also.
The Location Global Positioning Service (GPS) setting identifies
your location to the network. You can fully enable this setting or
set GPS to work only in the case that you dial 911 from your
1. From the home screen, press MENU. Press the
Directional key to highlight the Settings & Tools
menu and press .
2. Press Phone Settings.
3. Press Location. The following options appear in
• Location On: GPS location setting is on wherever the feature is
• E911 Only: GPS location setting is on whenever you dial 911 only.
4. Highlight an option and press .