My phone will not ring
luxiedog

My phone will not ring. It only vibrates when a call comes in.

I have went through all the settings and tech support had me go through them twice.

Already did the update.

Tech 's want me to do a reset to get the phone back to the factory specs.

That would mean that I lose all my settings.

That is not a solution to me.

Any help out there please....

0 Likes
Re: My phone will not ring
runnman
Contributor - Level 1

If you have gone through all the settings without success and the Verizon Tech Support did the same without success, the best option is to Factory Reset.

It's real easy to do and yes, you will loose your settings.  This will give you the chance to try the Factory Reset to confirm that works!

But, if you do the Reset and it still will not ring, then you would want the phone replaced as soon as possible I would think.

Your 30 days will run out you know.

0 Likes
runnman
Contributor - Level 1

Another idea for you to check...

Have you setup Call Forwarding on the Droid X?  I do not think the Droid X will "ring" if Call Forwarding enabled.  You can check me out on this.

0 Likes
luxiedog

How do I check if call forwarding is set up on the phone, and if it is, how do I disable it???

0 Likes
runnman
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
budone
Legend

luxiedog wrote:

How do I check if call forwarding is set up on the phone, and if it is, how do I disable it???

Dial *73. If you hear three beeps, phone was forwarded and this will have canceled it.

But didnt you say when a call comes in the phone vibrates? Are you able to answer??? If so, forwarding is not the issue.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

runnman wrote:

If you have gone through all the settings without success and the Verizon Tech Support did the same without success, the best option is to Factory Reset.

It's real easy to do and yes, you will loose your settings.  This will give you the chance to try the Factory Reset to confirm that works!

But, if you do the Reset and it still will not ring, then you would want the phone replaced as soon as possible I would think.

Your 30 days will run out you know.

If keeping the same type of phone, the OP would have a year to return the phone for a replacement.

0 Likes
luxiedog

Yes, it just vibrates, and I can answer it....

Please help  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you are sampling the ringtones can you hear them? If not and the ringtone volume is up it's probably the phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Is it just when the phone rings you get no sound or when you play videos and music as well?

0 Likes