2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2010 3:47 PM by Twizz1233 RSS

Cannot dial toll-free numbers

Twizz1233

This morning I had to call an 866- number, and received a recorded message from Verizon "We're sorry, your number cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and try again....blah blah".   Repeated attempts produced only a fast "busy" signal.  This number is in my CONTACTS and I've called it numerous times in the past, so I know I have the right number!  Tried to dial from my husband's wireless phone and got the same recorded message.

I then tried to call various long-distance (non-verizon) numbers - no problem.

Called a local number (non-verizon) - no problem.

Then I tried an 800- number and received the same recorded message as above. 

I do not have a land line, so I went to my neighbor's house to make the 866- phone call from her land line -- no problem!  The call went through immediately.

Just wondering if there is a known problem with toll-free calls right now??   Hopefully it's not just me and they're working on it!

• 1. Re: Cannot dial toll-free numbers
          budone

Twizz1233 wrote:

This morning I had to call an 866- number, and received a recorded message from Verizon "We're sorry, your number cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and try again....blah blah".   Repeated attempts produced only a fast "busy" signal.  This number is in my CONTACTS and I've called it numerous times in the past, so I know I have the right number!  Tried to dial from my husband's wireless phone and got the same recorded message.

There must be a fiber line cut somewhere around us as I can not call an 800 number either. I am about ten miles away from you.

• 2. Re: Cannot dial toll-free numbers
            Twizz1233

Okay then :smileyhappy:

Happy to know it's not just me!