5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2010 9:44 PM by wushu2004 RSS

Palm Pre Plus & Backup Assistant

deleko

Verizon needs to address the lack of a backup assistant app for the Palm Pre Plus. It is ridiculous that no app has been created to deal with a basic Verizon service that is offered to all customers.

It Verizon should only sell phones that offer this service, it took hours to figure out what is typically done instantly @ point of purchase. Not a good experience. Get with it Verizon and get with it app developers.

• 1. Re: Palm Pre Plus & Backup Assistant
          joephx

You just log in to your Palm profile and it will restore it for you....you really don't want verizon doing that for you????

• 2. Re: Palm Pre Plus & Backup Assistant
            deleko

Yes, once contacts are on the phone, you are correct and I agree.

I guess that I should have said, that my old phone died and I just purchased the new Palm Pre and was unable to easily transfer my data from saved contacts in backup assistant to the new phone. I had to download the file. Other phones in the past have done this @ point of purchase or just easily synched it once I had the phone. It would be nice to have the option initially.

• 3. Re: Palm Pre Plus & Backup Assistant
              wushu2004

deleko wrote:

Yes, once contacts are on the phone, you are correct and I agree.

I guess that I should have said, that my old phone died and I just purchased the new Palm Pre and was unable to easily transfer my data from saved contacts in backup assistant to the new phone. I had to download the file. Other phones in the past have done this @ point of purchase or just easily synched it once I had the phone. It would be nice to have the option initially.

I was able to do it at the VZW store.

• 4. Re: Palm Pre Plus & Backup Assistant
                deleko

Now, that is annoying.

Maybe they couldn't do mine because the phone was literally dead? Or because I bought it @ a VZ kiosk? But, it was backed up online. They told me that Palm didn't have the capability, but that maybe they had an app. Checked VZ for app and they did not offer it for Palm.

Glad it worked out for you. Not sure why it didn't work for me. And by the way, I asked them to do it.

• 5. Re: Palm Pre Plus & Backup Assistant
                  wushu2004

EDIT:nevermind