7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2010 7:32 PM by rydiwags RSS

When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?

Bauers18

I'm on a new every 2 year contract and was just curious when is the earlier they let you renew your contract?  I still got a ways to go but with the speed that new phones are coming out...I was just wondering how soon they will let you renew.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
          Lee-Lee

A mid-contract Early Upgrade is offered at months 11, 13, 15 and 17 of a 2-year contract. To be in the Early Upgrade Program you must meet the following criteria: $39.99+ monthly access for 3 consecutive months before the upgrade. Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
            appfan88

Funny you should say that because I called into Verizon Customer Service the other day and our contracts are due up in 11 months and I was turned down for an early upgrade. The rep said that Verizon will not allow us to upgrade until a month to go until our contracts expire. We have 1400 min plan with the data plan on the 2nd phone line. Id be shocked if I was able to upgrade both phones on the account with only 11 months to go? If you can make that work for us that would be great. I haven't upgraded in the past few months. We just changed cell phone plans is all.

• 3. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
              Lee-Lee

The early upgrade is offered on the Primary line only, and you will be eligible a year after you last renewed your contract. Hope this helps!

• 4. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
                rydiwags

Ditto Lee-Lee, the early upgrade is only available on the primary line. Like my hubby has the 1 yr early upgrade which I plan to use(he just used my 2 yr upgrade a few months ago). He wont be able to get a new phone till October of 2011(using my 2 yr upgrade).  So if you go online and have an online account it will show that the primary has a 1 yr upgrade. It may say you do not have one till a certain time but if you click on it and then go to upgrade you will see the phones at a discounted rate!

• 5. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
                  Bauers18

Ahh so when the Droid X comes out, I'll be just over 11 months into my NE2 contract on my primary line.  So I'll be able to renew my contract then?  If so, would be awesome timing.

• 6. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
                    spottedcatfish

Lee-Lee wrote:

A mid-contract Early Upgrade is offered at months 11, 13, 15 and 17 of a 2-year contract. To be in the Early Upgrade Program you must meet the following criteria: $39.99+ monthly access for 3 consecutive months before the upgrade. Hope this helps!

Lee-lee, can you clarify the different between an "Early Upgrade" and "Annual Upgrade eligibility"?

I was under the impression that you needed to have a calling plan of $49.99 or greater on a 2-year contract to be eligible for an annual upgrade at 12 months into the contract (which includes a $20 upgrade fee).  At month 20, you would be eligible to use your NE2 credit and recieve a phone at 2-year contract pricing without paying any fee.

Do these mid-contract Early Upgrades only allow you to move to certain devices?  Are there any fees involved?

• 7. Re: When is the earliest you can usually renew your contract?
                      rydiwags

spottedcatfish wrote:

Lee-lee, can you clarify the different between an "Early Upgrade" and "Annual Upgrade eligibility"?

I was under the impression that you needed to have a calling plan of $49.99 or greater on a 2-year contract to be eligible for an annual upgrade at 12 months into the contract (which includes a $20 upgrade fee).  At month 20, you would be eligible to use your NE2 credit and recieve a phone at 2-year contract pricing without paying any fee.

Do these mid-contract Early Upgrades only allow you to move to certain devices?  Are there any fees involved?

I also found this yesterday when looking around!!!  It is right on the Verizon site too!!!

I dont get the difference if there is one....... or just old info being posted on the forums!