Air Time, data time and Minutes on Droid
tanstaafl1963

I've looked around the forum and am still not sure if my question / answer is there... so I'll post to the group.

I don't currently have a Droid, but am looking into it.  I'll look harder after Verizon goes to a tiered data plan. 

Can anyone tell me if the GPS App goes towards my data plan?  I'm assuming it does, since it's pulling data down..

I currently have my Google Voice as one of my Friends/Family #'s, so my voice minute use is pretty minimal.  I'd see in other forum entries that the GV calls do go against the Voice minutes, but it also sounded like there was some dispute over that...

If I initate a call from the GV web application, it will dial my cell #.. and if it reads as my GV # (Friends/Family), shouldn't that be a 0 use of minutes?

Was the use of minutes only if you use a GV App? 

Thank you in advance...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Air Time, data time and Minutes on Droid
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I understand your concerns and will be happy to help you from here.   Yes, your assumption is correct, a GPS application would go against data usage on your phone.    You are also correct in that if your Google Voice number is part of your friends and family, you will not be charged minutes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I understand your concerns and will be happy to help you from here.   Yes, your assumption is correct, a GPS application would go against data usage on your phone.    You are also correct in that if your Google Voice number is part of your friends and family, you will not be charged minutes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
tanstaafl1963

Thank you for the reply Kimberly,

I was hoping to get a hint on a potential tiered data plan, but I'll wait and see :smileywink:

0 Likes