How do you turn of the backup assistant on Droid X that is causing issues regarding Contacts?
- On your phone, go to Settings (it’s the left button on the bottom of the phone)
- Then click on ‘Settings;
- Then click on ‘Accounts’
- There you should see an account referring to an email account.
- If you don’t see an account referring to an email account, I recommend that you go to a ‘Verizon’ store where they can assist you.
- If there is an account referring to an email account, click on that account.
- You should see links for ‘Sync Books’, ‘Sync Contacts’, ‘Sync Gmail (for example), and ‘Sync Calendar’
- If you do not see an account you are looking for, I suggest that you go to a ‘Verizon’ store where they can assist you.
If you have found the account(s) you are looking for, make sure that the check box for that account is ‘greyed out’. If not, the click on that account and ‘grey ou the check box’.
For those who are having issues with syncing there’re ‘Contacts’ between Gmail and their Droid X, this should solve that issue. This has been successfully tested.