Oz Mail/Communications, Mods with answers Please, Thanks!
EVAgency

This number calls your Cell (1-180-122-22269) , and more than once, but we did not answer it.   The subject line is just *High*, the body of the message is a mix of numeric & alphabetical code ending with the words OZ MAIL.   After some research, it seems Verizion, has brought them on, and charges can apply as well.    After these two calls we recieved, "ALL" our stored emails that we receive messages from, were gone! Deleted right off our phone, which had to be re-entered.   NOW, What is it?  Already blocked this "number".    "Any Mods" out there that can "completely" Clarify this OZ MAIL/COMMUNICATIONS ?  And with details please,  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oz Mail/Communications, Mods with answers Please, Thanks!
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

Here is some information found on the OZ MAIL/COMMUNICATIONS, hope this helps! http://www.oz.com/mobileEmail.html

0 Likes
zoe0115

I changed my phone from a BB to a Droid Charge and immediately received a text message from 118012222357.  It states: OZMail CI-d284...(keeps going with numbers and letters) To stop these messages simply reply to this one charge may apply.  I contacted Verizon Customer Service and was told that it was a premium text message.  I had done some research prior to calling and new that it wasn't a premium text message.  The rep insisted that it was and said all she could do was block premium text messaging.  A few days later I changed phones again and yet again immediately started receiving the same text messages.  I even received one while I was at the store.  I asked the person helping me about it and she said it didn't look like a premium text message.  I called Verizon Costumer Service again and went through the same ordeal.  This time I was told I would have to change my cellular number!  I explained that I had searched online and that it appears to be a known issue and has something to do with mobile email.  The Verizon rep tried a Google search and claimed she couldn't find anything.  I Googled the number and came up with hundreds of people complaining about the text messages.  I also of course saw this forum.  I don't understand how this can still be going on!!!!  I've tried everything that has been suggested in all the blogs and I am still receiving the text messages.  What else can I do other than change my number????  Verizon seriously needs to get its act together.  It looks like the company, person, whoever it is sending the texts simply changed it number when people started to complain.  This is going to start happening to more people and people are going to start changing to other carriers. I know I'm about ready to.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

An easy fix is to activate your old phone for a minute and delete any email accounts you had on it. Then reactivate the newer phone. Many devices in the past received mail via OZ Mail. Since the newer devices do not use it, they do not know how to handle the request.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello forum members,

In addition to activating the old phone, we can stop them from being delivered without the device swap. If you like, you can send me a private message with your mobile number and a contact number & I can get this resolved for you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
EarleAke

I switched for a Samsung Droid Charge on June 20. I started getting these messages on July 2 and have gotten 53 so far. My old phone was a LG Chocolate 3 which did not have email on it. My cell is {edited for privacy}. Please help. Earle Ake

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello EarleAke,

I can assist you.  Can you please send me a private message with your mobile number?  Thank you.  

Bremoline

I would appreciate some help with this as well.  I just got one of the texts from this number this morning. 

0 Likes
MrVulcan

I'd like some help on ths as well please. I have been getting messages from OZMAIL non stop sinsce this morning. I activated a thunderbolt yesterday. This is driving me nuts.... Please help...

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Bremoline,

I understand the desire to stop these OZ Mail notifications from coming to your phone!

I would be happy to assist!  I will send you a message where you can reply with your account information so I can take care of this for you.

0 Likes