1 Reply Latest reply: May 24, 2010 7:38 PM by crimedoggies RSS

Switch from Family Plan to Individual Plan

sbutler1125

I am currently on a family plan with my father and I have been on this paln for a few years.  The plan includes Unlimited Messages, Unlimited Data, and 700 Shared minutes.  I am using the Blackberry Curve 8330. 

Here is the situation: I have fallen behind on paying my father back for my phone usage since I got my blackberry.  He has asked me to go on my own and have my own plan.  Money has been tight for me lately and I am worried about cancelation fees or charges, on top of that, I don't know how to go about switching my plan over.  Keep in mind that I want to have a similar plan when I switch.  Mainly, I want to keep the unlimited data and text.

My question is this: what steps do I need to take to get off of my dad's family plan and start my own plan and what charges or fees should I expect to pay when i do this? 

• 1. Re: Switch from Family Plan to Individual Plan
          crimedoggies

sbutler1125 wrote:

I am currently on a family plan with my father and I have been on this paln for a few years.  The plan includes Unlimited Messages, Unlimited Data, and 700 Shared minutes.  I am using the Blackberry Curve 8330. 

Here is the situation: I have fallen behind on paying my father back for my phone usage since I got my blackberry.  He has asked me to go on my own and have my own plan.  Money has been tight for me lately and I am worried about cancelation fees or charges, on top of that, I don't know how to go about switching my plan over.  Keep in mind that I want to have a similar plan when I switch.  Mainly, I want to keep the unlimited data and text.

My question is this: what steps do I need to take to get off of my dad's family plan and start my own plan and what charges or fees should I expect to pay when i do this? 

You need to complete an assumption of liability.  Your Dad has to remark his acct that he gives you permission to assume your number, contract and equipment.  As long as you don't require a security deposit to start service on your own, there won't be any fees and your Dad will not be charged an ETF.  Good luck!!