7 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2010 8:40 PM by WSRW RSS

999-999-9999???

betty1122

ON my phone bill under details it has a lot of numbers that say 999-999-9999 when I called verizon they said they cant tell me what it is, if im paying for this number why cant they tell me- any one know

• 1. Re: 999-999-9999???
          TheGreatOne

betty1122 wrote:

ON my phone bill under details it has a lot of numbers that say 999-999-9999 when I called verizon they said they cant tell me what it is, if im paying for this number why cant they tell me- any one know

That number 999-999-9999 I believe is a blocked number.

• 2. Re: 999-999-9999???
            budone

It is a blocked number... kinda. I had a friend call me and I saw who it was. Later that night I looked at my log and the call showed up as 999-999-9999. It was the only incoming call for the day.

• 3. Re: 999-999-9999???
              MorganB

TheGreatOne & Budone is correct! The number 999-999-9999 showing on your details is a blocked number.

• 4. Re: 999-999-9999???
                MeMere

For those of you seeing 9999999999 on the details of your Verizon bill, you should try to match it up with the call log in your cell phone.  In most instances I can see the number on my cell phone, and many times its a Verizon customer that I shouldn't be billed for, but I am.

Make sure you do some spot checks for the details in your bill to the call log on your phone.  You may find some surprises.

• 5. Re: 999-999-9999???
                  budone

MeMere wrote:

For those of you seeing 9999999999 on the details of your Verizon bill, you should try to match it up with the call log in your cell phone.  In most instances I can see the number on my cell phone, and many times its a Verizon customer that I shouldn't be billed for, but I am.

Make sure you do some spot checks for the details in your bill to the call log on your phone.  You may find some surprises.

Yep I said that in an earlier post.

It is a blocked number... kinda. I had a friend call me and I saw who it was. Later that night I looked at my log and the call showed up as 999-999-9999. It was the only incoming call for the day.

• 6. Re: 999-999-9999???
                    MeMere

The point was...

"and many times its a Verizon customer that I shouldn't be billed for, but I am."

I am being billed for many minutes from Verizon customers that show up as 9999999999 on my detailed bill, but my call log on my phone shows the correct number, even days and weeks later.  Verizon customer service has acknowledged that they can see where the calls are being billed incorrectly.  They have been investigating for over 3 weeks, with not resolution or bill correction in site.

Is it possible that I am the only customer with this problem?

• 7. Re: 999-999-9999???
                      WSRW

When you see that number on your bill it indicates that it is a Private, Blocked or Unavailable  number. We can't tell you what the number is meaning we don't have access to what the real number is. (No not even Customer Service can pull info on private numbers, it is on the actual server not in your account information). 

If it is a Verizon number but it is still going through as blocked, that person may have elected to keep their caller id blocked. When this is blocked however, the server will not convert it to mobile to mobile. Which is what I warn my customers before they go ahead and add the caller id block.