4 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2010 12:41 PM by bosslady85 RSS

Can I switch my smartphone to my old phone?

RSchatz

I just got an Droid Incredible and really like it but really hate that I have to pay 29.99 for data every month changed my bill from 108 to 161! Is it possible if I decide to drop data in the future (I know I can't on the incredible) but if I switch to my old ENV2 or is this not possible?

• 1. Re: Can I switch my smartphone to my old phone?

I think you have 30 days to return the Droid.  Otherwise, you're stuck with it.  Did you not know a smartphone requires unlimited data?

• 2. Re: Can I switch my smartphone to my old phone?
            spottedcatfish

RSchatz wrote:

I just got an Droid Incredible and really like it but really hate that I have to pay 29.99 for data every month changed my bill from 108 to 161! Is it possible if I decide to drop data in the future (I know I can't on the incredible) but if I switch to my old ENV2 or is this not possible?

Jim is correct, you have 30 days to return the phone.  If you return in that window, this will also cancel your new contract without ETF and set you back to old upgrade date.

Unless you got the Incredible from another retailer with their own contract (like Wirefly, Wal-Mart, or Amazon.com), you can deactivate the new phone and switch back to your ENV2 at any time through MyVerizon or by calling into CS and remove the data plan.  If you did buy from a retailer with their own contract, you may be subject to their ETF for deactivating the phone.

• 3. Re: Can I switch my smartphone to my old phone?
              crimedoggies

RSchatz wrote:

As long as you don't cancel your contract, you can switch phones any time you like.  Since the ENV2 doesn't require data activating it would remove the data charges.  Just curious, how did a $30 data package raise your bill by $53?

• 4. Re: Can I switch my smartphone to my old phone?
                bosslady85

It looks like you were billed a month in advance for the $29.99 data package and a partial charge of the $29.99 data package, which would have taken effect from the date you activated your phone.  The next bill will reflect just the $29.99 data package,.  As crimedoggies stated, you can activate the enV2 at anytime.