Dinstinctive Ring Back Tones - Removal Possible?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

I searched and saw a thread about this, but apparently it's too old to allow me to reply to, so I figured I'd start a new one.

I'm trying to find out how I can get (what I've been told is called Distinctive Ring Back Tone) removed from one of my lines. It's some beep sound that the caller gets when they call me, and I'm on another call. I get the standard "beep" (which I should get, letting me know I have another call), however the caller is also getting some type of beeping/buzzing alert which lets them know I'm on another call. It's really not a big deal, but people tend to get all offended if you don't click over, and it seems that this feature only allows them to do so all the more.

I've been told twice by two sales reps in stores that this can be removed.  I emailed customer care and they told me I can remove call waiting, or purchase a ringback tone, neither of which I want, or intend to do, so.. how can I get this feature removed/disabled?

I was told to contact tech support, but due to the hours that I work (and by the time I get home), the last thing I want to do is call in and hassle with it.. so how does one get this taken care of?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dinstinctive Ring Back Tones - Removal Possible?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

boxermansr wrote:

I searched and saw a thread about this, but apparently it's too old to allow me to reply to, so I figured I'd start a new one.

I'm trying to find out how I can get (what I've been told is called Distinctive Ring Back Tone) removed from one of my lines. It's some beep sound that the caller gets when they call me, and I'm on another call....

I've been told twice by two sales reps in stores that this can be removed.  I emailed customer care and they told me I can remove call waiting, or purchase a ringback tone, neither of which I want, or intend to do, so.. how can I get this feature removed/disabled?

The thread you are referring to states the above two ways to stop your callers from hearing the sound.  One person did post a response saying a quick call to tech support stating specifically what you want should take care of it in a matter of seconds.  Someone else said they had tried and been unsuccessful; I'm not sure what your experience will be, but you seem unwilling to try that route.  It seems that may be the only way though - call *611 from your handset (it's free).  If you have a lunch break during work that may be all it takes.

0 Likes
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

boxermansr wrote:

I'm trying to find out how I can get (what I've been told is called Distinctive Ring Back Tone) removed from one of my lines. It's some beep sound that the caller gets when they call me, and I'm on another call....

The thread you are referring to states the above two ways to stop your callers from hearing the sound.  One person did post a response saying a quick call to tech support stating specifically what you want should take care of it in a matter of seconds.  Someone else said they had tried and been unsuccessful; I'm not sure what your experience will be, but you seem unwilling to try that route.  It seems that may be the only way though - call *611 from your handset (it's free).  If you have a lunch break during work that may be all it takes.

I tried to email and was told to remove call waiting or pay for a call tone. I called tech support and they told me the same thing. I know for a fact it can be done (as I had it done several years ago when I had service), but I guess they'd rather push charging you more for a ringback tone, then just allowing the removal of the ringback during call waiting.

0 Likes
MilaM2016

Thank you for info

0 Likes