2 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2010 1:49 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Vpak Vcast and the new 10$ data plan

TwiZteD
      All right, I'm coming up to renewing my contract with Verizon. I just found out that the New Every 2 only gives me 100 dollars off one single phone as opposed to all my phones and I just found out that multimedia phones need data plans. On top of all this the vpak vcast unlimited data usage thing is gone. Oh boy Verizon. Is there anyway I can keep my vcast vpak feature and upgrade to new phones? The 10 dollar 25MB plan sounds **bleep**. 25MB? I could probably chomp through that in a single day. How do they think people are using their devices? For 20 bucks you get up to 75MB or if you have some sort of connect plan (which I'm not sure it exists anymore) you get unlimited..why don't I just pay the extra 10 and upgrade to a smartphone? Who was the **bleep** that thought of this plan? I just wanna' know if I can keep my vcast vpak and upgrade phones. I'll be getting the 30 dollar data plan for one of the smartphones on the account, but 2 of them will be multimedia phones and require a 10 dollar each data plan which I'm sure will be eaten alive. Can my vpak vcast apply to these phones?
        • 1. Re: Vpak Vcast and the new 10$ data plan
          TwiZteD
          Actually, I just got off the phone with Verizon customer service and was told that since I have a premium plan I should ask for the connect plan which in essence is unlimited data plan for the multimedia phones at the same charge as the 10 dollar 25MB data plan. Does anyone have any information that would say otherwise? When I originally saw the connect plan I thought it was 20 dollars. But from what he told me it would basically be 10 dollars. The other 10 was from a charge I get for having the family plan and to be able to share all the phones. But basically it'd be 10 dollar charge for sharing minutes which is incurred no matter what data package I get. Then the connect would be another 10 dollars (which is what I'd be paying in the data plan) for unlimited mb usage.
          • 2. Re: Vpak Vcast and the new 10$ data plan
            SuzyQ

Connect and Premium are no longer offered - if you have the VCast/Vpak grandfathered in, you can keep them as long as you don't change your voice plan (add or subtract minutes, for example). For the future (until options change again) you can get 25 MB for $9.99/mo (which I agree is nearly useless), or unlimited for $29.99, which if you are going to pay you might as well pay for a smartphone or a Blackberry.

TwiZteD wrote:
            Actually, I just got off the phone with Verizon customer service and was told that since I have a premium plan I should ask for the connect plan You can't get connect anymore, not since January 2010.