2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2010 6:53 PM by scotty356 RSS

unlimited texting and internet plans with no minutes?

scotty356

I haven't really done much research on this but figured I'd start here.  I mainly use my phone for texting and the internet, and normally use less than 20 minutes of the 450 minutes on my plan.  Is there a plan that includes unlimited texting and internet and would allow me to prepay a certain number of minutes?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

• 1. Re: unlimited texting and internet plans with no minutes?
          spottedcatfish

There is a Messaging plan that includes unimited texting and internet for $34.95.  It is only available on 3GMM and "Feature" phones.  On this plan, voice minutes are $0.45 each.

The smartphone version of this plan is $54.95/month, but it is only for users who are deaf or hard of hearing, and you need to provide proof of such before they will authorize the plan.

Do you actually talk only 20 minutes each month, or are you also making in-network calls to other Verizon Wireless users and/or night/weekend calls that don't count against your allowance?  If you are making a substantial amount of "free" calls, the per minute cost on the messaging plan may be too high to justify the switch.

• 2. Re: unlimited texting and internet plans with no minutes?
            scotty356

Thanks.

I didn't even think to take the in-network calls into account.  Yeah, so now it probably wouldn't make any sense to switch.

Thanks again.