1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 12:38 PM by tikibar1 RSS

    What happens

    Posqualley

      If I put a number on block, what happens on their end? Do they get a notification in some way or do they just assume that their message went through? Same thing if they try to call me, does it just keep ringing? What happens?

        • 1. Re: What happens
          TheGreatOne

           


          Posqualley wrote:

          If I put a number on block, what happens on their end? Do they get a notification in some way or do they just assume that their message went through? Same thing if they try to call me, does it just keep ringing? What happens?


           

          Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message:

          "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call."

           

          Taken from MorganB HERE

          • 2. Re: What happens
            MorganB

            If someone tries to text you from a number you have blocked they will get an error that the text failed to send. You will not receive any notification that a blocked number attempted to text you.

            • 3. Re: What happens
              bashley00

              "If someone tries to text you from a number you have blocked they will get an error that the text failed to send. You will not receive any notification that a blocked number attempted to text you."

               

              I have heard different accounts of what happens when you try to text a number that has blocked you. I have heard that the blocked person gets a text failed message, I have heard that the text appears to have been sent normally, and I have also heard that the text sends, but if its another verizon user they do not get the check mark or a delivery notification. Which one is the right answer? :smileyhappy:

              • 4. Re: What happens
                bosslady85
                • When a controlled MDN calls a blocked number, they hear a short tone and the call disconnects.
                  • The controlled MDN receives a free text message informing user that the number dialed is blocked by the Account Owner.
                • When a controlled MDN sends message to blocked number, user receives a free text message informing them that the number they are trying to reach is blocked by the Account Owner.
                • When blocked number calls controlled MDN, a standard message informs caller that the MDN they are trying to reach is not available.
                • 5. Re: What happens
                  bashley00

                   


                  bosslady85 wrote:
                  • When a controlled MDN calls a blocked number, they hear a short tone and the call disconnects.
                    • The controlled MDN receives a free text message informing user that the number dialed is blocked by the Account Owner.
                  • When a controlled MDN sends message to blocked number, user receives a free text message informing them that the number they are trying to reach is blocked by the Account Owner.
                  • When blocked number calls controlled MDN, a standard message informs caller that the MDN they are trying to reach is not available.

                  Is this only true with usage controls? Or is this what happens when someone uses the free spam controls?

                   

                  • 6. Re: What happens
                    bosslady85

                    This is for both usage controls and spam control.

                    • 7. Re: What happens
                      rbritto201

                       


                      bosslady85 wrote:
                      • When a controlled MDN calls a blocked number, they hear a short tone and the call disconnects.
                        • The controlled MDN receives a free text message informing user that the number dialed is blocked by the Account Owner.
                      • When a controlled MDN sends message to blocked number, user receives a free text message informing them that the number they are trying to reach is blocked by the Account Owner.
                      • When blocked number calls controlled MDN, a standard message informs caller that the MDN they are trying to reach is not available.

                       

                      Ok, this confuses me.  What is a controlled number vs block? 

                       

                      I have blocked someone who ussually texts me, not calls.  I want to make sure that they will know they can;t text/call me anymore, becasue I don't want to have to keep renewing every month.  This is kind of important., and I have heard MANY different answers on this.

                       

                      So, question is, through the free service, what exactly happens when they

                      a) text

                      b) call

                       

                      Thanks!

                      • 8. Re: What happens
                        bosslady85

                        The controlled number is the line that the account holder has the blocks setup for. The Blocked number is the MTN that is restricted from calling or texting.

                         

                        Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message:

                        • Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call
                        • Blocked individuals who Text will get the error message Message failed.
                        • 9. Re: What happens
                          addycoles

                          bosslady85 wrote:

                          The controlled number is the line that the account holder has the blocks setup for. The Blocked number is the MTN that is restricted from calling or texting.

                           

                          Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message:

                          • Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call
                          • Blocked individuals who Text will get the error message Message failed.

                           

                          If I have blocked a number, can I still text and call them? Like will my calls go through and will they get my texts?

                          1 2 Previous Next