8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 4:53 PM by smileykat RSS

Verizon PIN?

Stonebrew

Upgrading current phone and ordering through and outside company.  During ordering process they asked for my Verizon PIN # so that Verizon can verify that it is me making the changes to my account and not someone else.  Problem is, I don't remember ever getting a Verizon PIN #.  Any ideas on what this number is and how to get it? Or is it something simple and I am just overthinking what the PIN # is? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Verizon PIN?
          budone

Call into Verizon they will verify info and issue a new one of your choice. I came from Alltel and I never had a PIN. It threw me off when they asked for it.

• 2. Re: Verizon PIN?
            Stonebrew

Thanks for the info, I will give that a shot.

• 3. Re: Verizon PIN?
              MorganB

Perhaps they are referring to the billing system password on your account? The billing system password is a password used to verify the account if you chose not to verify the last 4 digits of your social security number or needed additional security for your account. The password is set up by the Account Owner. The billing system password can be up to five alphanumeric characters.

• 4. Re: Verizon PIN?
                rdnkengineer

I am having the same problem/issue. I tried the billing password and got an email stating they needed the PIN so I tried the last four digits of the ssn on the account and still recieved an email back stating they needed the Verizon PIN.

Any one else have any luck figuring this out?

• 5. Re: Verizon PIN?
                  rdnkengineer

rdnkengineer wrote:

I am having the same problem/issue. I tried the billing password and got an email stating they needed the PIN so I tried the last four digits of the ssn on the account and still received an email back stating they needed the Verizon PIN.

UPDATE: I have also contacted Verizon twice and still was not able to figure it out with their help. They thought it was the last four digits of the ssn on the account or the billing password.

• 6. Re: Verizon PIN?
                    rdnkengineer

rdnkengineer wrote:

rdnkengineer wrote:

I am having the same problem/issue. I tried the billing password and got an email stating they needed the PIN so I tried the last four digits of the ssn on the account and still received an email back stating they needed the Verizon PIN.

UPDATE: I have also contacted Verizon twice and still was not able to figure it out with their help. They thought it was the last four digits of the ssn on the account or the billing password.

Finally figured it out. When third party dealers of verizon ask for you Verizon Account PIN it is your Billing Password.

• 7. Re: Verizon PIN?
                      rdnkengineer

rdnkengineer wrote:

Finally figured it out. When third party dealers of verizon ask for you Verizon Account PIN it is your Billing Password.

Even if they say it is only 4 digits, which is what I encountered.

• 8. Re: Verizon PIN?
                        smileykat

I just wanted to add, for those not familiar with what the Billing Password is or where to find it, you can find it by:

1. Log into your online MyVerizon account.

2. Hover the mouse arrow over "MyVerizon" menu link at the top, and select the "View All" link under the My Profile column.

3. The Billing Password management field will be shown along with your other account information. The password itself will not be shown.  If you can't remember what the password is, you can click "Change Billing Password" to try to guess what it may be since the old password would be verified before it allows you to change the password. The Billing Password is 4-5 characters containing letters, numbers, or a combination of both.  It is not case sensitive.  This Billing Password is always created at the time the account was opened with Verizon.  Some people may use the first 4-5 letters of their mother's maiden name or other similar information they would normally use for account verification.

I think (not sure) that if you still can't figure it out, then if you call customer service and explain it, they would be able to ask you a series of other security questions in order to authenticate your identity.  The questions may be about a history otherwise public information pulled from your credit report that only you should know, such as your previous addresses, previous employers, prior counties or cities lived in, and names of banks/institutions or other card accounts you may have had (such as a store credit card).