1 2 3 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 12:42 PM by emailmm100 RSS

Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!

rwallace

Can anyone tell me how to turn that annoying womans voice off every time I log in to the new My Verizon. Every time I log in she starts every time I navigate thru different items and menus and back to my overview she starts it is annoying as hell. Love the new My Verizon but hate the voice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
          bosslady85

Once the demo comes up, you will need to click on close in the upper right hand corner to stop the demo.

• 2. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
            budone

I have yet to hear her greet me.... I am happy

• 3. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
              SuzyQ

I haven't heard that yet either, but then, I normally work with sound OFF.  So that would be my solution - turn off your speakers.  Or, as bosslady suggests, close the demo window as soon as it pops up.

Perhaps now that the new layout has been presented, there will be an option to run the demo IF YOU CHOOSE to, rather than having it auto-start and forcing you to turn it off if you don't want to see/hear it.  :smileysurprised:  Oh my, that sounds remarkably similar to the "data plan" arguments.

• 4. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
                chrisb128

That horrible voice "greets" me every time I log in, but never says anything when switching sections...  Still...

AUTO PLAY ON A WEBSITE IS * THE MOST ANNOYING THING IN THE WORLD *

and to make matters worse, there's no stop, pause, mute, etc....

AND

I closed the "demo" bar at the top of the My Verizon site... And it still plays the **bleep** audio.  At the LEAST, it should only ever play it once, the first time you log in since the changes were made.

SERIOUSLY FOLKS, TAKE CARE OF THIS

• 5. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
                  chrisb128

There is NO CLOSE BUTTON

• 6. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
                    MorganB

There should be a grey button that is a circle with an X over it with the word close next to it (upper right corner of demo screen) that will allow you to exit the demo for the new My Verizon.

• 7. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
                      alberts

NO! I've clicked it nothing.  Now the box is gone and she's still talking!  I can't tell you how annoying this is.  PLEASE disable it somehow.  EVERYTIME!

• 8. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
                        Lee-Lee

Upon researching My Account information, the only time you should hear the lady speak is when you click on View Demo. Yes there is a View Demo link when you sign into your online account, below the picture of your phone. There shouldn't be someone speaking just because you signed into your online account. However, if this is what you are experiencing you will need to visit the 'Contact Us' link to have a trouble ticket submitted for your account.

• 9. Re: Turning off the voice !!!!!!!!!
                          budone

Lee-Lee wrote:

Upon researching My Account information, the only time you should hear the lady speak is when you click on View Demo. Yes there is a View Demo link when you sign into your online account, below the picture of your phone. There shouldn't be someone speaking just because you signed into your online account. However, if this is what you are experiencing you will need to visit the 'Contact Us' link to have a trouble ticket submitted for your account.

I have never heard anyone.

1 2 3 Previous Next