9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2010 10:43 PM by budone Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Can you get print outs of text messages?

lucyloo

I would like to know if you can get print outs of text messages? I have two phones and one is a teens and I would like to make sure that they are not texting inappropriate materials. Please tell me how I can get it if I can or if you can get it on "My Verizon".

Thank you

• 1. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
          TheGreatOne

lucyloo wrote:

I would like to know if you can get print outs of text messages? I have two phones and one is a teens and I would like to make sure that they are not texting inappropriate materials. Please tell me how I can get it if I can or if you can get it on "My Verizon".

Thank you

First read this thread-->reading your kids text messages online?

For now you can only read what phone numers your teens are messaging and what phone numbers are messaging them. You may want to consider getting Usage Controls added to your account. You can decide what is apporiate for your teens.

If you happen to get a hold of the phone physically in your hands, then you could see the messages on their phone. That is if they have not deleted them.

• 2. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
            jbm

I had an issue with needing to see the content in text messages. Not an easy task but it is possible. Verizon has the ability to give them to you but will only do so with a Court Order. You will need to see a judge to get it.

• 3. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
              Lee-Lee

That is correct as far as being able to view the text messages in your online account, you can not. You will have to have a Court Order Subpoena an that will have to go through our Legal department for the text messages to be provided to you.

• 4. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
                Gabe0725

That sucks. Your paying for service and you can't get a list of what was sent in text messages. For what Verizon charges, you should be able to get anything you want. But then again, when does Verizon give anything for nothing... SMH...

• 5. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
                  spottedcatfish

Gabe0725 wrote:

That sucks. Your paying for service and you can't get a list of what was sent in text messages. For what Verizon charges, you should be able to get anything you want. But then again, when does Verizon give anything for nothing... SMH...

I'm not disagreeing that Verizon's services are somewhat overpriced, but allowing account holders access to text message content online is a privacy issue that has nothing do with Verizon's pricing or policies.  It would be equally ridiculous (and a little terrifying) for them to record every phone conversation and file it online for the account holder to listen to as well.

• 6. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
                    LoverB

Is it easy to get a court order. What are the criterias?

• 7. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
                      ecb

I was told that you have to get a subpoena to view texts originating from your own account,  I have since asked who I need to get the subpoena to and have received the run around.  If anyone can assist with this it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
                        ecb

Can you give me the number I should send my subpoena to for my own texts?

• 9. Re: Can you get print outs of text messages?
                          budone

ecb wrote:

I was told that you have to get a subpoena to view texts originating from your own account,  I have since asked who I need to get the subpoena to and have received the run around.  If anyone can assist with this it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

You do that means you need to go to court and request a hearing with a judge and they will decide whether ther reason you want the texts are warranted. If issued it needs to be sent (Hand delivered is better, to VZW corp office in Basking Ridge NJ. All this will cost some moola.