Backup Assistant not working: Error Code 313 and 216 on Samsung Intensity
YaleCa

I just activated my new Samsung Intensity and can't get my contacts to restore from where they're stored on the Verizon Wireless website.  I've tried deleting and re-installing - same result - after I enter my PIN and press Restore, I get Error Code 313 saying there was a problem.  If I select Backup Assistant on my phone, it tries to connect and then gives me Error Code 216 - it can't connect to the data network.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant not working: Error Code 313 and 216 on Samsung Intensity
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Paulie79ta,

If you do not see the option to cancel subscription you will then need to open Backup Assistance>Help (If you do not see help just yet press the softkey for Options and then help)>from the help screen dial *73738#.  The Backup Assistant app should close, and the client will now be reset and you can move forward with redownloading and entering in pin to restore.  If that does not assist then you will need to complete a factory reset Settings>Security>Enter Security Code (default is last 4 of MDN)>Restore Phone>Enter Security Code again to Factory Reset the device. This will reset the Backup Assistant.  FYI this option will erase everything on the device.   You will have to reprogram your device by dialing *228 send and option 1 and after reboot you will be able to redownload.  Please let me know if this helps or if you already have resolved the issue.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
luckystreich

I am getting the same Error Code 216 as you are.  I am using a Motorola Z6cx (the non camera version).

I hope we can get some help with this issue.

For me, backup assistant is downloading, and I am typing my PIN (correctly)  after that step, I am getting Error 216.

I currently havve no contacts online, but many contacts on my phone.

0 Likes
STEPHEN101

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. ANY LUCK FIXING IT??

0 Likes
pmcd1962
Contributor - Level 1

I had error code 313. Uninstalled the app and re-installed. Worked fine.

0 Likes
watson58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot find a location on my Samsung Intensity II where an option exists to "uninstall application" --only Browse and Downloads.

In my case Backup assistant indicated "Invalid PIN" but even after changing the PIN and the phone indicated what the PIN was, Backup Assistant insists that it is an invalid PIN.

My wife has an identical phone( bought the same day, same model) and she has no issues.

0 Likes
atradef

What I did was go to Browse and Download > select Backup Assistant. Then select Options > Cancel Subscription.

This removes the app from your phone.

Now find it again and download it.

This got rid of the 313 error for me (although the recovered PIN was the same as what I was entering before, but after I restored it, it worked)

0 Likes
paulie79ta

not an option on my phone just update check and about

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Paulie79ta,

If you do not see the option to cancel subscription you will then need to open Backup Assistance>Help (If you do not see help just yet press the softkey for Options and then help)>from the help screen dial *73738#.  The Backup Assistant app should close, and the client will now be reset and you can move forward with redownloading and entering in pin to restore.  If that does not assist then you will need to complete a factory reset Settings>Security>Enter Security Code (default is last 4 of MDN)>Restore Phone>Enter Security Code again to Factory Reset the device. This will reset the Backup Assistant.  FYI this option will erase everything on the device.   You will have to reprogram your device by dialing *228 send and option 1 and after reboot you will be able to redownload.  Please let me know if this helps or if you already have resolved the issue.  

0 Likes