4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2010 1:33 PM by bemyax RSS

MY MEID NUMBER

luved

ON MY VERIZON, IS THE MEID NUMBER FOR THE PHONE I CURRENTLY HAVE ACTIVATED LISTED ANYWHERE? I KNOW ITS ON THE PHONE ITSELF BUT IS THERE A WAY TO SEE THE NUMBER ON MY ACCOUNT?

• 1. Re: MY MEID NUMBER
          TheGreatOne

luved wrote:

ON MY VERIZON, IS THE MEID NUMBER FOR THE PHONE I CURRENTLY HAVE ACTIVATED LISTED ANYWHERE? I KNOW ITS ON THE PHONE ITSELF BUT IS THERE A WAY TO SEE THE NUMBER ON MY ACCOUNT?

No not that I am aware of on the account. I know that the number may be on the original box that you bought the phone in.

• 2. Re: MY MEID NUMBER
            bemyax
            Is there a place on the new My Verizon to view the mobile identification number for a line? (This is sometimes different from the mobile directory number.) On the old site one could intuitively find the information, but I have no idea where to look on the new site.
            • 3. Re: MY MEID NUMBER
              TheGreatOne

bemyax wrote:
              Is there a place on the new My Verizon to view the mobile identification number for a line? (This is sometimes different from the mobile directory number.) On the old site one could intuitively find the information, but I have no idea where to look on the new site.

I'm confused....what is the mobile identification number??

• 4. Re: MY MEID NUMBER
                bemyax

Your CDMA phone has two numbers, the MDN (mobile directory number) and the MIN (mobile identification number).  The MDN is the number that we dial.  The cell phone switching system actually goes looking for the MIN to connect the call.  With my two VZW phones, these two numbers are the same.  But with one of my Alltel(Red) phones, they are different.  The MDN was ported in from another carrier.  But VZW is not allowed to have that number.  The original carrier owns it.  When I give up possession of it, the original carrier gets it back.  In the meantime VZW needs to have a number they are allowed to possess to process my calls.  That's the MIN.  This Alltel(Red) line has had two different MINs.  I don't really know what goes on in the backroom deals to get carriers the MINs they need. 

Whenever I pick up a new device, I need to know the MDN and the MIN to manually program the thing.