3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2010 10:26 AM by TheGreatOne RSS

Phone Activation

Expresso

My phone no longer works. Rather than purchase a phone and sign a new contract, I would like to transfer my service to one of my spare phones. Does Verizon charge a fee to to transfer service to another phone?

• 1. Re: Phone Activation
          SuzyQ

No fee - just dial *228 and choose option 3 on the phone you want to activate, and follow the prompts.  It may simply activate, or it may connect you to customer service to complete the activation. 

You can also activate the phone by logging on to your MyVerizon account, and on the right side of the screen is a Quick link to "Activate my Phone" - follow the instructions there.

• 2. Re: Phone Activation
            Expresso

Thank you for your response. It was very helpful. I have a couple of other questions? My husband has a spare phone that is more current, I'm thinking that I would rather use his than one of mine. Does that make a difference as far as activation? I know I will lose all my photos and text messages, but my contacts are backed up, will that information transfer automatically or will I have to manually add each contact?

• 3. Re: Phone Activation
              TheGreatOne

Expresso wrote:

Thank you for your response. It was very helpful. I have a couple of other questions? My husband has a spare phone that is more current, I'm thinking that I would rather use his than one of mine. Does that make a difference as far as activation? I know I will lose all my photos and text messages, but my contacts are backed up, will that information transfer automatically or will I have to manually add each contact?

Since the phone has been activated before there is no activated fee.That goes for all phones that have been activated once before.  With backup assistant you can easily transfer your contacts over all at once & not have to do it one by one manually.