There are several options that you have that may help with your MIFI being slow.
The following tips will help solve many common problems encountered while using the MiFi
• Make sure you are using the MiFi 2200 in the correct geographic region: a Mobile
Broadband and NationalAccess the MiFi 2200 in the US.
• Ensure that the wireless network’s coverage extends to your current location.
When properly installed, the MiFi 2200 is a highly reliable product. Most problems are caused by one of these issues:
• The wrong driver has been installed.
• System resources required by the MiFi 2200 are being used by other devices.
• Network coverage is not available (either because you are outside the Mobile
Broadband and NationalAccess coverage area or because of an account or network
-You can also perform a Master Reset to your MIFI device.
There is Master Reset button on the bottom of the device. The Master Reset button restores the device Wi-Fi settings only back the factory default settings.
To use the Master Reset button:
1. Locate the button on the bottom of the device.
2. Depress for five (5) seconds.
For additional information and technical support for VZAccess Manager and Verizon wireless
devices, you can visit the Verizon Wireless Data Technical Support page at:
If you want help with your issue we need more info:
1. What is your Signal Strenght?
2. What is your RSSI?
3. What is your Ping?
4. What is your Download Speed?
5. What is your Upload Speed?
All these factor in to determine why your mifi is slow. If you dont know what I am asking you please read this article http://www.evdoinfo.com/rssi it will explain on how to get the rssi how to do a site survey. You might actually need to get an amplifier, antenna etc to bring you up to speed.
Also a good forum to search out answers is from http://www.evdoforums.com