USB PHOTO DOWNLOAD
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to use a USB cable to download photos?  Download to Picasa fails because of excessive time; and hooking on to an email is rather cumbersome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: USB PHOTO DOWNLOAD
droidoholic

I don't have a Droid so I am not sure how they operate. (Waiting to purchace my first android device), but I always down load pics to and from my Omnia via the USB cable that came with the phone.:smileywink:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

RAYMON wrote:

Is it possible to use a USB cable to download photos?  Download to Picasa fails because of excessive time; and hooking on to an email is rather cumbersome.

It should be possible yes. What I do on my Android phone is open up to the memory card on my computer. (Start-->My computer-->Removable storage-->Open phone.)  I just drag & drop pictures into the desired folder. Then it will appear on my phone once I have done that.

0 Likes
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

This sounds very interesting - and over my head. Are you physically opening the phone? Where is the string "start --> computer . . . . ." being entered? And where are these pictures located when you are draging them to some other place. And you indicate that after dropping them into the desired files - they are still on your phone. My novice mind is not following you very well. Can you break this down to a simpler instruction? I appreciate your support.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

RAYMON wrote:

This sounds very interesting - and over my head. Are you physically opening the phone? Where is the string "start --> computer . . . . ." being entered? And where are these pictures located when you are draging them to some other place. And you indicate that after dropping them into the desired files - they are still on your phone. My novice mind is not following you very well. Can you break this down to a simpler instruction? I appreciate your support.

If you are talking about the Moto Droid (I think the HTC is similar, but I cannot say for sure), once you have connected the phone to a PC via the USB cable you need to pull down the Notification bar and select the option to mount the device (sorry, I don't remember the exact wording, but it should be fairly self-explanatorry). Once you have mounted the phone it should show up as a separate drive letter in "My Computer", (I assume you are using Windows). Then you can simply copy files back and forth between your computer and the phone. The photos are located in a folder called "DCIM" on the phones SD card.
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

Went to the Verizon phone store to get a USB cable to plug into the Droud - and was told what I need is a SanDisk MobileMate Micro Memory Card Reader ($ 15). Have to remove the battery and a memory card from the phone, slip the memory card into a small USB adapter - then plug that into a computer. The photos are then displayed and can be copied or dragged to any desired folders.

0 Likes