TEXT vs M2M TEXT
tracee2496

I have 3 different numbers on my account.  They all show a TEXT and M2M TEXT under usage.  What is the difference? 

I have one line showing a count under M2M TEXT, but the other two lines are not.  I do know for a fact that one of my lines that is not showing anything under M2M is texting other Verizon numbers. (I did check this online, and they are In Network).  

Can someone please explain this to me?

(My plan is FRIENDS & FAMILY10 FAMILYCHOICE 1000  transferred over from Altell)

Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: TEXT vs M2M TEXT
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text, or Domestic text, would refer to those text messages sent/received  outside the Verizon network.  M2M, or IN Network, are those sent/received between Verizon phones. 

When you say "They all show...." - where is it showing?  On your bill detail?  On your online usage listing?  Are you on an unlimited plan, or do you have an allowance for out of network texts?

0 Likes
tracee2496

First let me thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. 

As for your questions...

Yes, I am on a 1000 text a month plan. This is what my bill says:

F&F MSG Pack 1000

Unlimited monthly M2M TXT

Unlimited monthly M2M PIX-FLIX

1000 monthly message allowance

$.15 per Message after allowance

For me saying "They all show" ,as a TXT when I log into my account and go to usage.  The row that shows M2M Text is empty. 

My bill shows it too. 

#1 number on  my last bill reads:

DATA

Unlimted M2M TXT           Messages  Unlimited  - 63

Unlimited M2M PIX-FLIX   Messages  Unlimited  - 6

TXT/PIX-FLIX                    Messages  1000         -21

#2 Number reads:

Data

TXT/FLIX                        Messages  1000       -814 

The three #'s I text the most ARE Verizon #'s.  I did go to the online tool that will tell you forsure if they are in your network.  And all of them are. One of the numbers is even on the same billing account with my number.

So, why does phone #1 show listing for M2M and #2 shows all messages as out of network numbers??

Once again, thank you for your time.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you line 1 or line 2?  I'm not sure why line 2 is not showing any M2M numbers, and line 1 appears to show very few.  Is there anywhere that shows which numbers are being texted to and from?  (details?)

If you can download the details to a spreadsheet (there should be a button or link to do this ont he billing details page online), and take that to a rep to document that you are, in fact, being charged for out of network messages that are Verizon numbers, then your acocunt can be adjusted, if needed.  If the total # of messages does not cause you to go over the 1000 out of network you are allowed, then there is no additional cost to you, but there could potentially be int he future, if the numbers are not being charged correctly.

I'm not sure if Alltel has the same options on MyVerizon - so you may have to take it up with a rep in the store to log in there and see the details, if you can't get it downloaded to print out from your account page.

HTH,

0 Likes