1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2010 5:54 PM by Necrouser RSS

Roll Over Minutes

kmilan

ATT&T makes a real strong argument for what you pay for. I pay for the minutes but, the minutes I don't use I lose on my next cycle bill. I pay for all my minutes, I should be able to keep my minutes that I pay for, regardless if they get used or not. Therefore, I think if Verizon offered roll over minutes it would make Verizon the best wireless company out there.

Thank You,

KMilan/ I want my minutes to roll over

Verizon Customer 

• 1. Re: Roll Over Minutes
          dennisjara91
          i second this!
          • 2. Re: Roll Over Minutes
            TheGreatOne

Your rollover minutes can expire or you can loose them on AT&T actually. :smileyvery-happy:

Question:
            Do I lose my Rollover Minutes? How are rollover minutes expired or forfeited?

Answer:
            Minutes will expire from your current Rollover balance when the minutes reach an age of 12 billing periods. This normally means that if you have minutes in your current Rollover balance for about a year, they will expire.

This does not mean you will lose your entire current Rollover balance, but just those minutes that have remained for 12 billing periods. Minutes that are not 12 billing periods old will stay in the current Rollover balance until they are used, or they expire when they reach an age of 12 billing periods.

The following conditions would cause you to forfeit your Rollover minutes:

• Changing from a Rollover plan to a Non-Rollover plan.
            • Changing from a Rollover plan to a Military Plan.
            • Changing from a FamilyTalk Rollover to an Individual Rollover plan unless they are the last member to leave the account.
            • Changing to a new Rollover plan where your existing Rollover balance exceeds the Anytime minutes of the new plan. Only minutes in excess of the Anytime minutes in the new plan are forfeited. This will take effect at the end of the billing cycle.  (NOTE:  AT&T Unity plans are an exception to this rule and you will not lose your accumulated Rollover minutes when changing to a Unity plan.)
            • Moving to/from Reseller to AT&T wireless service.
            • 3. Re: Roll Over Minutes
              kmilan

Even if I lose my minutes after 1 YEAR on AT&T I am still getting the satisfaction of not having to call in to up grade my plan for more money. And I am getting the satisfaction of having those minutes rolled over and they are not being stolen from me. If you pay 40.00 on a game at the store would you want to come home and only see half of the game gone but you paid full price for that item.. I think not. Get real!

I still want my roll over minutes. I paid for them and I want them!

• 4. Re: Roll Over Minutes
                woyala

Perhaps you should switch to at&t since it sounds like you are more of the type of customer that fits that company.

• 5. Re: Roll Over Minutes
                  TheGreatOne

woyala wrote:

Perhaps you should switch to at&t since it sounds like you are more of the type of customer that fits that company.

If people would take the time to notice that usually each provider has their own unique feature. Like T-mobile was famous for the 5 favs. Which gave you unlimited minutes to 5 numbers. AT&T known for rollover minutes. Verizon used to be known for the IN messaging (I know AT&T doesn't offer mobile to mobile messaging any more.Got rid of it).  Sprint known for free calls starting at 7pm or 6pm.

• 6. Re: Roll Over Minutes
                    kmilan

I like verizon, I just wish that they have an option to allow me to keep the minutes I PAY for. AT&T has stolen verizon's Idea of the 69.99 talk plans, why can't verizon come up with an idea to bank some of the minutes that I pay for.

• 7. Re: Roll Over Minutes
                      reallyneatgirl

Technically, you arent buying those minutes. You are paying for access to the wireless network for up to that amount of minutes. You pay more or less for the amount of access you think you may need.

So if you don't use the full amount of access, you are not being ripped off by not getting to keep those minutes.  If you continually don;t use them, re-exzmine your plan choice.

By your thought process, if you pay for unlimited access, you should be able to indefinitely be able to ahve access, even if you are no longer a customer. I mean, you paid fr those unlimited minutes, right? See, it just doesnt work that way.

With At&t, you shouldnt even have that many rollover, if you are paying for the right plan. If you have tons each month, you are payng for more access than you need. Also, with At&t, you cant build up a ton of rollover and then drop your plan to the cheapest hoping to get an almost free ride for a few months. When you downgrade, your rollover decreases to the amunt of minutes in the new plan.

ie. You have a 1400 minute plan and 1500 rollover. You use about 1000 minutes a month. If you were to drop to the 450 plan, you would then only have 450 rollover. Which means that first month you would have 100 min in overages.

So really, rollover is silly. I was with at&t for 7 years before I just switched to Verizon. I dipped into rollover 1 time.

• 8. Re: Roll Over Minutes
                        Derek32880

TheGreatOne wrote:

woyala wrote:

If people would take the time to notice that usually each provider has their own unique feature. Like T-mobile was famous for the 5 favs. Which gave you unlimited minutes to 5 numbers.    Then Verizon came up with this feature and called it Friends & Family  AT&T known for rollover minutes.      Which I think Verizon should start doing as well   Verizon used to be known for the IN messaging (I know AT&T doesn't offer mobile to mobile messaging any more.Got rid of it).    Verizon doesn't offer in messaging either unless you get the 500 text msgs which is $10 a month  the $5 plan only gives you 250 msgs regardless if it's to Verizon or not          Sprint known for free calls starting at 7pm or 6pm.     There also known for unlimited mobile to ANY Mobile on ANY carrier   as for  nites starting at 6 or 7 pm   AT&T also has this feature but it's $15 a month extra

So what is wrong with adding features other Networks have?  I mean the only thing it's gonna do is cause them to get more customers  and  as you know  more customers = more money

• 9. Re: Roll Over Minutes
                          Derek32880

so now AT&T is coming up with  the whole Friends & Family feature (only it's called A-List)

Unlimited Calling with A-List

Add your favorite peeps to your A-List – then talk to them as much as you want!

Here's the scoop:
                              Individual plans 900+ minutes ($59.99 and over) per month, and
                          FamilyTalk plans 1400+ minutes ($89.99 and over) per month
                          qualify for A-List
                              No extra charge with your qualifying plan
                              Add up to 5 numbers on your individual plan
                              Add up to 10 numbers on your FamilyTalk plan
                              Add any domestic number, on any network – including landline numbers
                              Calls to and from your A-List numbers are not charged against your rate
                          plan, Mobile to Mobile, or Rollover® minutes.
                              Update your list online as often as you want, right from your
                          myWireless Account

so why can't Verizon  get Rollover?   they should also get unlimited to any mobile  like Sprint has   and if they add these features (as well as Friends & Family)  to the lower plans  450 mins single line and 700 min family plans  right along with the 900 single line 1400  and 2000 family share plans  then  some ppl can downgrade  and either pay less or get more services for the same price there paying now    so  some people might not even have a problem paying the $9.99  data plans

1 2 Previous Next