6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2010 2:05 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Unlimited nights and weekend minutes

hmh2010

If I have unlimited nights and weekend minutes....does that mean that i can receive and make calls after the specified times on nights and weekends and those minutes do not come off my minutes in my plan regardless of what provider the other person has?

• 1. Re: Unlimited nights and weekend minutes
          tim600sl

Yes, that is correct!

• 2. Re: Unlimited nights and weekend minutes
            hmh2010

Ok, thank you because I was glancing at my minutes used for the month and it appeared that a call I received after 9pm used my minutes that I have. So I was curious.

• 3. Re: Unlimited nights and weekend minutes
              TheGreatOne

hmh2010 wrote:

Ok, thank you because I was glancing at my minutes used for the month and it appeared that a call I received after 9pm used my minutes that I have. So I was curious.

Which voice plan do you have?
              • 4. Re: Unlimited nights and weekend minutes
                hmh2010

We have a family plan The Select Family Share Plan with 700 minutes with unlimited texting, picture,video, unlimited nights and weekend minutes...Unlimited calling to all 80 million Verizon Wireless customers. So I was wondering if an incoming call from a landline took away minutes after 9pm.

• 5. Re: Unlimited nights and weekend minutes
                  TheGreatOne

hmh2010 wrote:

We have a family plan The Select Family Share Plan with 700 minutes with unlimited texting, picture,video, unlimited nights and weekend minutes...Unlimited calling to all 80 million Verizon Wireless customers. So I was wondering if an incoming call from a landline took away minutes after 9pm.

There is a green check in that box-->Plans

So yes you should have unlimited nights & weekends. That is odd about the landline taking your minutes away when it shouldn't.

• 6. Re: Unlimited nights and weekend minutes
                    SuzyQ

TheGreatOne wrote:
                    ...So yes you should have unlimited nights & weekends. That is odd about the landline taking your minutes away when it shouldn't.

Not odd, just the way it looks on the website at times....I've found that calls are not always categorized correctly when I check the usage throughout the month.  It may take a day or two for the numbers to fall into the proper categories.  My bill has been correct.

I've also heard (though I diagree) that calls begun before 9:00 pm DO count towards your allowance in their entirety.  The minutes used before 9 pm are taken out of your allowance, but those AFTER 9 pm go towards the free N&W minutes.  The web MAY show the nentire call as peak, but on your bill it will "SPAN" two different calling/rate periods and the minutes after 9 pm will not be counted in your plan allowance.