messaging on wireless bill
cornflk

Hi There -- I'm considering Verizon and I wanted to first find out how the billing is handled for messaging.  I realize there is an unlimited texting option but in case that plan isn't selected, will any of the data usage used count against the text messaging?  For instance, Instant Messaging on AIM or Yahoo?   And how does that all show up on the bill? Are the IM's itemized with date and time?

I believe the text messages are itemized by date and time and number, is that how the IM messaging and Mobile Email are as well?  And does the mobile email alerts show up as texts or are they just a push notification type of deal that part of the mobile email software? 

I appreciate any help!  Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: messaging on wireless bill
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

cornflk wrote:

Hi There -- I'm considering Verizon and I wanted to first find out how the billing is handled for messaging.  I realize there is an unlimited texting option but in case that plan isn't selected, will any of the data usage used count against the text messaging?  For instance, Instant Messaging on AIM or Yahoo? If you have a basic phone (not smart phone,blackberry or pda phone) then you'll only be billed for text usage. Actually when signing in/out of IM you are billed for air time minutes. That is how on my bill it is at leasat. 

And how does that all show up on the bill? Are the IM's itemized with date and time? The actual content does not show up on the bill no. It shows up as a weird number like 60406 or something like that. Date/time does appear.

I believe the text messages are itemized by date and time and number, is that how the IM messaging and Mobile Email are as well? Not sure about email. Like i said before for IM it'll show up as a weird number.  And does the mobile email alerts show up as texts or are they just a push notification type of deal that part of the mobile email software? Dont know the answer to this either.maybe someone else will know

I appreciate any help!  Thanks!!

0 Likes