8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 10:35 PM by AbcXyz 123 RSS

How do i lower my bill???

tvel78

Im paying almost $200 for the family plan 1400 minutes with unlimited text, all 4 lines have insurance..... How can i save??

• 1. Re: How do i lower my bill???
          SFroomkin

4 lines of insurance alone is 10% of your bill.  I'd only use insurance for the most expensive of phones to replace.

• 2. Re: How do i lower my bill???
            nmchileman

Find out if you really need unlimited texting for the family. See if you can get away with texting on only 1 or 2 lines. There are smaller individual text packages you can add that might save you some money.

And stop talking so much so you can lower your plan down to 700.

If you want to save money sacrifices must be made. :smileywink:

• 3. Re: How do i lower my bill???

Do you really need 4 phones?  Drop the texting for Mom and Dad.  Drop the insurance.  Cut back to 700 minutes.

• 4. Re: How do i lower my bill???
                cstrait001

Are you getting an employee discount? See http://www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts

• 5. Re: How do i lower my bill???
                  TheGreatOne

cstrait001 wrote:

Are you getting an employee discount? See http://www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts

My brother works as an air traffic controler in an international airport. He gets a discount from Verizon on the bill.  One of my parents is a nurse and gets a discount too on the bill.

• 6. Re: How do i lower my bill???
                    cls9712

can someone help?  we are on the nationwide basic share, only two phones with 10.00$ extra message allowance on one phone and we pay at least 120.00$ to 180.00$ per month.  we switched from sprint one year ago because we thought it was going to be a better deal, now we feel ripped off and disgusted that our bill went from 80.00$ to 90.00$ per month with fine service to this.  we are at our breaking point, we are at the point that we will pay to break the contract to get out.  if anyone has some tips please by all means.

• 7. Re: How do i lower my bill???
                      SuzyQ

cls9712 wrote:

can someone help?  we are on the nationwide basic share, only two phones with 10.00$ extra message allowance on one phone and we pay at least 120.00$ to 180.00$ per month.  we switched from sprint one year ago because we thought it was going to be a better deal, now we feel ripped off and disgusted that our bill went from 80.00$ to 90.00$ per month with fine service to this.  we are at our breaking point, we are at the point that we will pay to break the contract to get out.  if anyone has some tips please by all means.

What else are you being charged for?  Your bill, with two lines on the BASIC plan, 700 shared minutes, is $69.99.  Add the $10 texting plan....500 messages plus unlimited Verizon to Verizon texing, adds up to about $80 plus taxes and fees, should average about $90.  How many shared minutes do you have?  Are you going over the texting allowance or the minute allowance?  Are you  unknowingly using data and piling up data charges?

Look at your bill, and see what else you are being charged for over and above the Basic share plan and texting plan.  Once you know where the overages are occurring, we can talk about how to better manage the costs by either changing the plan to fit your usage, or adjusting your usage to fit your plan.

• 8. Re: How do i lower my bill???

Evidently, you are going way over your minutes.  Check you bill.  You need to talk less or up your plan to more minutes.  My wife and I have two phones, 700 minutes, and no texting.  Our plan is $69.99 and bill runs about $79.00 with taxes and fees.