9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2010 9:16 PM by Sheila1210 RSS

Monthly Cost

aikpn

Why is it that verizon hasn't matched t mobile's $50/month unlimited plan? My contract is up next month and verizon had better do a whole lot of **bleep** kissing or I am gone.

• 1. Re: Monthly Cost
          woyala

Please, go look at both maps and if you still don't understand it then you can just switch any time.  Cheap is not always the best.

• 2. Re: Monthly Cost
            sadie85

I just looked at T-mobile's website...they don't have an unlimited broadband plan. It's 5 GB for $59.99 with an overage rate of $0.20/MB whereas Verizon's is 5GB for $59.99 with an overage rate of $0.05/MB. So go to the carrier with less coverage for the same cost/plan with a higher overage rate...

• 3. Re: Monthly Cost
              Zehan
              Ha! This is like asking why Lexus doesn't match prices with Kia, lol!
              • 4. Re: Monthly Cost

Because, if you're the market leader in any industry, you don't match prices, you establish prices.  Only those desperate for market share will temporarily undercut you.

• 5. Re: Monthly Cost
                  Device-O

Thats funny cause your 3g map is almost obsolete.

Oh yeah thats right lol ..4g (that mostly everything will be on) is already being rolled out.

I have both verizon and a cricket phone,

i honestly actually cant tell a difference between service.Really for the money im saving i can deal with not having a cool device, i already have an i pod touch :smileyhappy:

my point is soon, theyll all be the same, might as well lock in that great price, verizon used to compete for prices, but they have lost the competive edge.

thats why by 4th quarter 2010 you ll be finially be able to get your droid for 50 with mail  in rebate. and sprint will be ready to unleash the i phone on 4g.

• 6. Re: Monthly Cost
                    Device-O

I pay like 30 dollars for unlimited cricket braoadband, i heard sprint has an unlimited plan.

Paying 59.99 for 5 gigs is popostrous! i go through 5 gigs during breakfast!

Look Verizon isnt a ferrari, we paying for service, not fine tuned machinery. A service that can be provided by any other company!

So look to see many companies following the lead, theres bigger and better services on the horizon.

As far as devices and handset, theyll soon be interchangeable.

• 7. Re: Monthly Cost
                      sadie85

Device-O wrote:

I pay like 30 dollars for unlimited cricket braoadband, i heard sprint has an unlimited plan.

Look Verizon isnt a ferrari, we paying for service, not fine tuned machinery. A service that can be provided by any other company!

So look to see many companies following the lead, theres bigger and better services on the horizon.

Right Cricket is unlimited...this comes directly from their website "Throughput speed may be limited if usage adversely impacts our network, service levels or exceeds 5 GB per month."

http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/plans/broadband40

So go over 5GB and they will slow you down to a crawl!

• 8. Re: Monthly Cost
                        tim600sl

sadie85 wrote:

Device-O wrote:

Right Cricket is unlimited...this comes directly from their website "Throughput speed may be limited if usage adversely impacts our network, service levels or exceeds 5 GB per month."

http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/plans/broadband40

So go over 5GB and they will slow you down to a crawl!

Well unless the plan is grandfathered, verizon used to be unlimited also.

• 9. Re: Monthly Cost
                          Sheila1210

I used to have a Jaguar.  Didn't like it.  Bought a KIA.  LOVE IT.  Nothing to do with cells, but I'm just saying... lol.

Also, I think my service has gotten worse since Verizon took over Alltel.  When I was an Alltel customer I didn't drop calls or not be able to check the web or send a text.  It seems more and more my coverage is failing me.  I hope its my phone thats 1 yr old and well used.  I hope.