Transferring contacts to Droid when my old phone is already deactivated
Winnie

I just replaced my Razor with a Droid.  The Razor has already been deactived and the Droid actived.  Is there any way I can still transfer my contacts from the Razor to th Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Transferring contacts to Droid when my old phone is already deactivated
keeper3
Yes but you need to reactivate the razor and download and run backup assistant on it to upload your contacts online. Then after you do that, you need to export your contact list from the backup assistant website as a .csv file, load it onto your gmail account and sync your droid with your gmail account. If you take it into a store they can just do it for you there if your not on the west coast but all the west coast stores lost their machines that can do that.
0 Likes
MyUltraz

No, you do not need to activate your old phone and run the back up wizard. Take both phones to your local Best Buy or even your local Verizon retailer and they should be able to transfer the contacts for you. Takes about 2 minutes.

0 Likes
1gwa

I assume you created your gmail acct for your droid? Transfer all your contacts on your pc or mac to the gmail acct (via your computer) and they will automatically sync onto your droid.

0 Likes
Maurice00

My Verizon retailer wanted $15 to do this. Just a warning.

0 Likes
ralphtt

I activated my Droid before transferring contacts from my Razr. Thought I had made a significant error, but the local Verizon store bailed me out! They transferred my contacts from my Razr to my Droid in about ten minutes. They're good folks! :robotvery-happy:

Ralph

0 Likes