2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2009 2:42 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Smartphones without a data plan?

E-Rock

When will Verizon customers be able to buy a Black berry or an droid without having to change their plan and spend an extra 30$ bucks a month for email features that you can use on mobile web.. i want to purchase the new droid but i cant because i have a premium plan

• 1. Re: Smartphones without a data plan?
          woyala

Bad luck for you buddy, every company will be the same unless you activate the droid on pageplus cellular.

• 2. Re: Smartphones without a data plan?
            SuzyQ

E-Rock wrote:

...i want to purchase the new droid but i cant because i have a premium plan

You can change your plan at any time....drop it back to Select and add the Droid.  If you are on a family share, and a secondary line, you will pay $10 less for the calling plan and then $30 for the data plan, so $20 more a month.  If you are an individual plan, the difference is only $10.  The difficulty would come in if you are the PRIMARY on a family share, and everyone uses the Premium plan.  The solution would be to have one of the other numbers take over as PRIMARY, making your line a secodnary line.  Then, drop your line back to Select and add the data pack for the Droid.

So you CAN get the Droid, it will just mean a plan change......entirely doable.