PLEASE HELP MEEEEE! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO BACKUP MY CONTACTS!
groomergrl75

Hi,

I am soooo lost on how to back up my contacts have tried so meny times and i also have called Verizon, its a hit or miss and i miss everytime with the wrong person...;/  PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Thanks

Amy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP MEEEEE! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO BACKUP MY CONTACTS!
pengwin15

Do you have a gmail account, mine backup automatically to it. Also take a look at Phandroid, great site for information, once you open it scroll towards the bottom and choose your phone and there is a huge amount of info

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP MEEEEE! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO BACKUP MY CONTACTS!
robbart79

In order to back up your contacts list using your .gmail account, you'll need to do the following:

1.  When you first purchased and activated the Android, the Verizon representative helped you set up a .gmail account (if you didn't have an existing one) or helped you connect your new device to your existing .gmail account. 

2.  If you had an existing .gmail account, your existing contacts will sync to your new phone and any added information between your .gmail and your device will sync automatically.  By default, these settings should have been in place.

3.  You can verify your synced accounts for you contacts by following the steps below:

a.  Using your device, access "Contacts"

b.  Once you're at the "Contacts" screen, press the "Menu" button

c.  A scroll up window will present itself with the following options:

1.  Search

2.  New Contact

3.  Display Options

4.  Accounts

5.  Import/Export

4.  Reviewing the above display options in your Contacts Menu, select "Accounts"

*5.  In Accounts, you can manage your accounts that are synced and which ones aren't.  You may also add new accounts under "Manage Accounts".  Be sure that "Auto-Sync" and "Background data" are checked so that your device understands the required tasking.

*Note that with the Background data feature activated, per reviewing other forums, may use more of your battery life then normal.  As with any features (apps, phone calls, etc...) depending on the length of use and the reason for its use will drain battery life.  But, this is not noticeable.  In addition, the new version of Android (Ver. 2.0.1) provides the necessary firmware to help with battery usage.

Well, I hope this helps.

Rob 

0 Likes
groomergrl75

Great! Thanks a bunch!!!:smileyhappy: 

robbart79 wrote:

In order to back up your contacts list using your .gmail account, you'll need to do the following:

1.  When you first purchased and activated the Android, the Verizon representative helped you set up a .gmail account (if you didn't have an existing one) or helped you connect your new device to your existing .gmail account. 

2.  If you had an existing .gmail account, your existing contacts will sync to your new phone and any added information between your .gmail and your device will sync automatically.  By default, these settings should have been in place.

3.  You can verify your synced accounts for you contacts by following the steps below:

1.  Search

2.  New Contact

3.  Display Options

4.  Accounts

5.  Import/Export

4.  Reviewing the above display options in your Contacts Menu, select "Accounts"

*5.  In Accounts, you can manage your accounts that are synced and which ones aren't.  You may also add new accounts under "Manage Accounts".  Be sure that "Auto-Sync" and "Background data" are checked so that your device understands the required tasking.

*Note that with the Background data feature activated, per reviewing other forums, may use more of your battery life then normal.  As with any features (apps, phone calls, etc...) depending on the length of use and the reason for its use will drain battery life.  But, this is not noticeable.  In addition, the new version of Android (Ver. 2.0.1) provides the necessary firmware to help with battery usage.

Well, I hope this helps.

Rob 

robbart79 wrote:

1.  Search

2.  New Contact

3.  Display Options

4.  Accounts

5.  Import/Export

Well, I hope this helps.

Rob 

0 Likes