1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2009 2:36 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Want a new phone without data Plan

bignana

Been with Verizon Wireless over 18 years and have always been satisfied with service and products. Currently have a Voyager ( which is my 3rd due to poor voice quality) and want to change out to another phone. My problem is I want  a touchscreen and qwerty keyboard. I do not wish to have a data plan. They no longer (as of oct 09) offer any phone at Verizon with these features and no data plan. I understand the money is to be made in data plans since new customers are becoming scarce. Help, I am stuck with a phone that has poor sound quality and unable to find what I want at Verizon any longer.

• 1. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
          larrye

What about the LG Env Touch? That has QWERTY and Touch ... and is not a Blackberry or PDA device so wouldn't require a data plan.

• 2. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
            tim600sl

Currently there are two touch screen phones that does not require any data packs.  I have LG Versa which seems to be working just fine, I also bought a keyboard attachment so I have a physical keyboard. Also there's LG Chocolate Touch, that came out recently that doesnt require data pack but it doesnt have a physical keyboard. So here you go, there's not much choice, now is the time to choose because who knows when verizon decides to require data on those phones as well.

• 3. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
              tim600sl

larrye wrote:

What about the LG Env Touch? That has QWERTY and Touch ... and is not a Blackberry or PDA device so wouldn't require a data plan.

LG Env Touch does require data pack....

• 4. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
                bignana

The Envi touch does require data plan and the chocolate does not have qwerty. I prefer to not have an attachable keyboard (something else to lose or drop). Does anyone know of any upgrades to the voyager that might help the sound quality? I actually love all the other features of my voyager.

• 5. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
                  SuzyQ

bignana wrote:

The Envi touch does require data plan and the chocolate does not have qwerty. I prefer to not have an attachable keyboard (something else to lose or drop). Does anyone know of any upgrades to the voyager that might help the sound quality? I actually love all the other features of my voyager.

I have a Voyager as well, but have not had any issues with sound quality (I got mine in May 2009), SW Version VX10KV11.  And I do love my Voyager.  What kind of sound issues are you having?  The only time I have real difficulty is when hubby calls from his truck using his Nuvi bluetooth and has the radio blasting away at the same time....the radio and his voice are both equal volume and I can't make out what he is saying!!  Most calls are clear and loud enough.  Is it volume problems?  Or call clarity?  Static?

• 6. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
                    bignana

The sound when I receive a call is very muffled and I have to have people repeat often. Others when calling me get echo noise or the muffled sound also.  This is my third phone and the other 2 had sound quality problems immediately. This one took about 6 months before developing the problem. Purchased original around February 2008  and received last new one maybe April 2008. The version is VX10KV09.

• 7. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
                      shayde1014

The ENV Touch DOES NOT require a data plan! I just checked 3 seperate sources, one of them being verizon's own site....Check your facts people

• 8. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
                        tim600sl

shayde1014 wrote:

The ENV Touch DOES NOT require a data plan! I just checked 3 seperate sources, one of them being verizon's own site....Check your facts people

You might want to check your sources again. The Env Touch DOES require a data pack,  Last sundays paper had an ad from verizon saying that LG Env Touch must have data pack in order to activate. It's a fact.

• 9. Re: Want a new phone without data Plan
                          bignana

The LG Envi DOES require data plan as of October this year. I tried to buy in store and was advised of this.

Does anyone know of any software upgrades for the LG Voyager

1 2 Previous Next