HELP!! Gateway LT2016u Netbook upgrade to windows 7-3G won't work!
kevcline

I recently purchased the Gateway LT2016u Netbook. It works great. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Home Premium and now I can't get the 3G service to work. I did manage to get the WiFi back up and running, but no matter what I try, it won't recognize the 3G to connect thru the Verizon network. I don't plan on using it much, but considering I am paying for the service, I'd like for it to work.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! Gateway LT2016u Netbook upgrade to windows 7-3G won't work!
btoland

Hey did you figure it out? I just installed windows 7 on mine and it took a few steps, but i got VZ Access fully functioning. 

first you need to download the driver  from gateway:

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=23590&dscr=Qualcomm%20Gobi2000%203G%20Netw...

then you will go to 

http://www.vzam.net/download/download.aspx?productid=714

and install the vz access manager and follow the steps. be sure to install the qualcomm drivers first. you should be up and running in 15 min or so. 

let me know how this works for ya

0 Likes
EBrowne303

I am having the same problem. I have even followed these steps after a clean install. My device manager says that the Qualcomm HS USB driver is missing and i can't find an up to date one. Anyone have any idea of what I can do?

0 Likes
Tesler32

I also am having this same issue. I just blew out the hdd and installed windows 7x32 ultimate on there. Everything works except the Qualcomm HS-USB driver. I went and downloaded that file which says qualcomm driver for Gateway LT20 and still nothing. This thing is driving me crazy I am a computer tech and I have never had so many problems trying to install a driver. Someone pls help if possible im about to return this thing.

0 Likes
Tesler32

PS another thing is that there is no recovery discs for this thing. Could anyone upload there recovery pack off there oem partition. I deleted this one since I thought this would work. I have two other netbooks not Gateway running windows 7 great. Well its not a windows 7 issue but more a driver manufacture issue. Thanks to anyone that can help.

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! Gateway LT2016u Notebook upgrade to windows 7-3G won't work!
Not applicable

OK this what I done and mine works with windows 7.  I deleted all the qualcomm drivers from the computer. Do this by going into control panel and then device manager. Then I deleted the VZaccess manager.  Next download 3G_T77Z039 from the gateway website.

http://search.support.gateway.com/query?redirect&target=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.gateway.com%2Fsupport%2...

If this link doesn't work just go to gateway and in the search box type in "3g_T77Z039" and you will find it.

After you download extract the files and run the 1&2 driver install Not the connection manager.

After that install the VZaccess manager from the Verizon website. Restart and it should work. That's how I posted here. LT2016u from Verizon with Windows 7 and 3G connection not WIFI.

http://www.vzam.net/download/download.aspx?productid=714 

0 Likes
Not all Gobi's are created equal....
Not applicable

The wireless card in this netbook is a Gobi card by Qualcomm.  There are many versions of this driver out there, and as best I can tell, there are several different drivers.  This may not be a one size fits all solution, even among Verizon LT2016U netbooks, as slightly different revisions may have slightly different chips on the Gobi Card. 

Start by opening device manager and looking at the properties of your Qualcomm HS-USB device.  Click the details tab, and from the Properties dropdown, select Hardware Ids.  My theory is that if the first line reads USB\VID_05C6&PID_9212&REV_0001&MI_03 then I have found the solution to your problem.  You need the right version of the driver for your particular VID and PID combination.  Most driver downloads have a readme file that show which versions they match up to.  Once I found the right one for my system, I had to run 2 setup.exe files in the right order.  The first was in a folder called FW and the other was the actual driver. 

I hope that information helps.  Good luck, and post replies here if you learn more. 

I have to say, this netbook runs a LOT better with Windows 7 on it.  Verizon and Gateway both told me it couldn't be done, but after about 6 hours of fighting with that driver, I am proof that it can.  It really should be simple to reproduce now.

Alex

0 Likes
sbarker2707

Thank you! Your directions worked flawlessly.  I appreciate the links provided.

0 Likes
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW...almost 14 thousand views of this thread.... How many Gateways aren't working???

0 Likes
PGARFIEL

Dear Guest-Thanks for the info.  Am I understanding correctly that you downloaded the XP drivers for the Gateway 3G card, and that worked on Win7?  There are no drivers listed under the Win7 OS at the Gateway website.

0 Likes