6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2009 2:42 AM by cstrait001 RSS

cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.

hp

My bill due is 6th and my payment due is 1st. Today I paid the bill of the last month and found overage this month. My plan is a family plan, however, I cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered. The latest date which the plan change starts is today. How can I BACKDATE? Thank you!

• 1. Re: cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.
          hp

Is there anybody who can help me?

• 2. Re: cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.
            xOriginalNinjax
            You can call customer service and request what is called a "rerate" but some cases they will not be able to credit all of the overage, they will be able to give you at MAX the overage minus the difference in plans, but typically they cannot give 100% of the overage and will give you a partial amount.
            • 3. Re: cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.
              hp

Firstly, thank you for your choice.

Secondly, however, why? I cannot understand why cannot I do it now while I could did it two months earlier. What is the rules of the game? If it just cannot be backdate to the beginning of this month, that's OK, I can accept it. But if it just happened on me and but works on others, I should not accept it, should I.

• 4. Re: cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.
                cstrait001

I second what ninja posted above.  If you made a calling plan change two months earlier to backdate to a higher plan to cover the overage, then it had to have been done on or before the last day the your billing cycle.

You said your bill due is the 6th and your payment is due on the first of the month. That would indicate your billing cycle ends on the 6th. For bill cycle date 6, this current billing period began November 7th and you would have up until December 6 to backdate to a higher calling plan to cover the overage during the current billing cycle only.

For the payment due on December 1, that billing period began on October 7 and ended on November 6. Your beyond that now, so it's not possible to backdate further than November 7. As ninja said, contact customer support to see if they will work with you.

You may want to consider a Friends and Family plan that give you 5 or 10 numbers that you can call as much as you want. Single line plans with F&F start at $59.99 with 900 minutes and Family Share Plans start at $99.99 with 1400 minutes for two lines

• 5. Re: cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.
                  hp

Thank you! I understand that. But I just could not backdate to Nov 7th on the website. Then I called the service number 800-922-0204 -4-5, the girl on the phone changed it for me. Now my problem has been solved, throuth the service phone. However,  I still do not understand why I cannot change it through my verizon account on the website. Maybe it is a mistake.

• 6. Re: cannot BACKDATE it to cover the current month so the overage will be covered.
                    cstrait001

Glad to hear your issue was resolved. I just checked my own family share plan and went through the steps of going from 700 minutes to 1400 minutes. After veryifying all of the features on my lines, on the Review Changes step I was presented with the option of backdating to the first day of my billing cycle, today's date or future dated for the first day of my next billing cycle. It can be done online. Not sure what happened.

However, what you did is what I would tell every customer to do. Changing it yourself online only if you are certain you know what you are doing and how it will appear on your bill. If you have any doubts, call for help.