Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone .Doc ID: KB18751
Modified Date: 12-01-2009
Document Type: Support
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7.1
The following error message may be displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone:
Reload software: 552 or App Error 552
This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team.
Upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry Device Software version provided by your wireless service provider to resolve this issue.
Complete the following steps:
- Verify that the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
- Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
- On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
- In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
- Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Select the applications that you want to install.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc.
i dwnloaded an app and my phone froze pulled da battery then got the reload software 552 error so i went on blackberry.com and im giving the info a try. hoping it works but havin a feeling it is erasing everything nd to think i went from a tmobile sidekick to a bb tour and i have so many issues with it but i prefer a blackberry but the issues are aggravating