Why are text messages getting converted to email?

Text messages to my cell phone number from certain people are not delivered to my cell phone as texts but are instead converted to email messages from "phone_number@vtext.com" or "phone_number@vzwpix.com".  This is very annoying because the texts are included as attachments that need to be opened and it's difficult to decipher who the text is from since the normal contact info is not used.

Note: text messages from other cell phones work just fine.

I want to disable this conversion from text to email and just see the text message from the sender on my cell phone in Messages.

There are lots of questions of this topic from very annoyed users, but none of them have a useful answer.  Does anyone know what is going on?

One forum thread suggested that enabling iMessage is the problem.  That seems unlikely.

Just to be clear, the text is from a normal cell phone number sent to my cell phone number.  None of the contacts contain any reference to vtext.com or vzwpix.com.  But the text is never delivered to the cell phone, instead showing up as an unwanted email.  It appears to be a Verizon problem.

Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic