Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,927 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Asurion Insurance
jdorafsha1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer with both business and family accounts for over 10 years. Have always received excellent customer care and service over the years and regard Verizon as a top rated company.

I recently purchased two iphone 7s for my teenage kids and decided to purchase the "TOTAL" Equipment protection plan for the phones since teenagers have a habit of breaking/losing phones. Sure enough, my daughter dropped her phone and cracked the screen a couple of days ago.

So feeling confident that I have "TOTAL" protection, I proceeded to try to file a claim through the insurance provider (Asurion). To my surprise, I realized that I have to pay a $199 deductible, which makes this a "PARTIAL" equipment plan and not a "TOTAL" equipment plan. This is maybe OK for a small company but it is not a good sales practice for Verizon to have their representatives present and sell the protection plans as "TOTAL" equipment coverage over the phone without mentioning the deductibles associated with the plan. After all, a customer does not have access to the plan's details while on the phone with the representative purchasing new phones. It is only fair for the sales representatives to tell the whole story including the deductibles so customers can make an informed decision while on the phone.

Now, we come to the other issue, which is Asurion insurance. This outfit sure sounds and feels like a scam. They want me to pay $199 to replace my 3 month old Iphone 7 because of a cracked screen. On top of that, Asurion claims the phones are on back order, so I have to wait for god knows how long to get another phone. and to make matters worst, I will most likely end up with a refurbished phone while giving up a 3 month old phone.

I called the local apple store and found out I can get the screen repaired for $129 in a couple of hours. Compare this to the "TOTAL" equipment coverage I signed up for and you see why I'm upset. I think a company as good as Verizon should find a better protection plan/insurance company than Asurion, whom really look like a sham.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic