Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,050 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Droid Turbo 2 Shutting Off Randomly with Battery Life Left
gswan24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen other topics on this in this thread but no real answers. One thread only had an answer of "my replacement phone seems to be working." Well That is not a good enough answer. It seems this is plaguing a lot of T2 users.

My phone will randomly shut off anywhere from 30-15% battery life left. Sometimes it happens when opening or performing an action in an app, sometimes it's when I wake up the screen to use the phone. Sometimes it shuts down and I can reboot and it keeps going, other times it shuts down and blinks the drained battery image at me and will not reboot until I plug it in. When I plug it back in, it goes back to 20+% battery life immediately. I use 2 chargers, a wireless Qi charger at night, and the OEM turbo charger during the day. I used to be able to go a full day without charging, now I am lucky if I make it through lunch. The quick battery draining happened post the Marshmallow update, and eventually the Nougat update. The OS is definitely the biggest consumer of battery life.

I have tried with not change whatsoever:

Wiping the Cache Partition (many times)

Resetting the battery tables (many times)

Running in Safe Mode to Test 3rd Party apps (it's not the apps)

Factory Reset (same issue)

What is going on with the update and these Turbo 2's?? I'm now encountering issues with my SD card because I think an improper voltage is being delivered to the phone and the SD card won't read if it does not receive a steady voltage. So now I have no external memory in my phone.

I am currently running:

Android 7.0

System Version: 25.11.10.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US

Build #: NCK25.118-10

Configuration Version: I15.MOT.XT1585.0

Labels (2)
Who I have the same questioned this topic