Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,970 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

BOGUS TRADE-IN
SRTUI42

During Cyber Monday, November 28, 2016 I saw a promotion that was going on to turn in my iPhone 6 and get the iPhone 7 free.  It sounded like a good idea considering that I was already due for an upgrade (which by the way when we signed up they promised FREE upgrades at the time but that was BOGUS when it came to get the upgrade).  I purchased it on the date mentioned before.  I didn't receive my Trade-in box until Dec 14 and that was the day that I packaged it and sent it.  I traded in my perfectly fine (no damages to it AT ALL) iPhone 6 because they had appraised it at $650. I even took pictures of it before putting it in the box.  It turned on and off fine and there were NO damages to the battery or anything at all.  Well with that I would've gotten my iPhone 7 for FREE, right? Wrong.  Seemed like a great idea, right? NO! On receiving my phone, I was sent me an email saying they are ONLY going to credit me $69.50 for damages that weren't on my phone when it left my possession.  Not only did they take my PERFECTLY FUNCTIONAL iPhone 6 but now they have the audacity to only give me $69.50 for it.  So I fight for my full appraisal amount, ESPECIALLY when there was nothing wrong on my part.  After the rep I spoke to said he saw on the photo of the package that there was some damage to the package itself that they were going to appeal for the initial amount appraised for and credit me $580.  After a week, I had to call in again to check on the status (of course no one was going to contact me) and they agreed to credit me the $580.  When speaking with the Verizon rep she told me it was done and went through, there would be nothing else.  No if's or maybe's about it.  I checked on myverizon.com and it was in my account.  I called Tuesday, January 10, 2017 morning to ask a simple question; if they could use the amount credited to me to pay off one of my devices.  Simple question.  Instead he puts me on hold FOREVER only to come back on the phone to tell me I didn't qualify for some kind of promotion because it shows I purchased on the 14th and the promotion didn't start until the 15th (WHAT?!! I purchased it during cyber Monday!!) and that they were taking the $580 BACK because there were damages to the phone AND because apparently they mistakenly told me it was final when in fact it was still in PROCESS for approval.  This seems fishy to me when I saw it, it was in my account and there was no PENDING about it the $580 was in my Verizon account.  What bothered me more was the last rep I spoke to tried to accuse me of telling him that yes the phone was damaged.  If you record each call you can rewind it and hear clearly that I never once said that.  He was unhelpful and was trying to see how he can catch me in a lie or whatever.  These are the facts: I SENT IN A PERFECT regular wear and tear iPhone 6 (with no damage to the screen because I had the expensive glass protection on it) it was rightfully appraised at $650 but instead I was given only $69.50 and a whole bunch of BS from reps. WHAT IS VERIZON GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS??!!  Not only is it wrong but it needs to be addressed NOW!! I am sick of the run around.  And very close to switching my service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic