Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,175 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

not charging but get msg 'connected charger is incompatible with this phone...'?
saim777

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V-SW which l dropped in the grass last week - it has a rugged case. No damage was visible. The next day, I plugged in my original charger and I got a notification 'Unable to charge'. I used a different cable, outlet, battery and it still won't charge. We have another S5 and my battery charges fine in this device with same and different cable/outlet. I tried the other battery in my phone and it also won't charge. I checked the cable connection and cleaned out the charging port but no difference.

So I went to verizon store and they were useless. They pointed me to a repair shop and the Samsung counter at best buy. Here, a Samsung level 1 tech tried troubleshooting. He cleared my cache, booted in safe mode, did the recent system update but nothing helped. He tried connecting my phone to his laptop to perform diagnostics but my device is not even recognized on his/my laptop so he couldn't flash. He thought it was a software issue but I am not convinced.

I borrowed an external charger and extra battery so now that's how I power my device.

In the last few days, I get a similar message on my phone but I'm not even charging my device!

"The connected charger is incompatible with this phone. To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped. To continue charging, use the original charger and cable that were provided with this phone." Battery Icon goes from red X to 3/4 white @ 88%.

It seems to be getting worse. Sometimes this message pops up every ten seconds even when it's just sitting on my desk. During a phone call, it buzzes at me - so annoying!

I'm thinking the drop did have an effect on my device. Could it be a loose cable, damaged charging port, or something else? Anyone else had this issue? How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic