Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,451 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Why did I get an email from the fraud dept saying my order is on hold, told to call a number, and then told by dept it's not true?
slw51

I placed an order to upgrade my phone yesterday, and the order went through, I was told the new phone would arrive Thursday. After I got home from work today I saw an email from Verizon that says "Dear Customer:

Verizon Fraud Prevention Team is currently reviewing the following order on your wireless account. Please call the Verizon Fraud Prevention Team at 888-483-7200 option 3, press 1 to verify this Order."

I called this number immediately, since I need this phone ASAP, assuming it would just be a recording and I would have to verify an account number or something. But instead, after following the instructions, I was put on hold because I needed to speak to someone in person. After several instances of my call being cut off after being on hold for at least half an hour, I finally got through after three hours and was able to speak to a fraud representative. I gave her my info and told her the problem and she told me I had called the wrong department. Instead of the fraud department, I needed the online order department. She transferred me, and I waited on hold again. When the representative from the online order dept picked up, she first told me if it was a fraud issue I'd need to speak with the fraud dept - who had JUST transferred me to her. After this, she said that my order is not on hold, because it hasn't even been processed yet or had the credit check done. When I asked if this meant I hadn't needed to call at all, she said yes. Is this actually true or is there a chance that there's an issue with my order I don't know about? If there is no issue, these emails really shouldn't be sent out, they're incredibly misleading, and I've wasted a whole lot of time and experienced an incredible amount of anxiety for no reason.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic