Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,171 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

DOA IPHONE 12 RUN AROUND
AP0108
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a new iphone with trade in instant credits applied. I picked the phone up in store 2 days ago and the phone wont turn on, nothing. I contacted customer service for help and they offered to ship me a new one and have me send the defective one back but i wanted it sooner so i opted to go back to the verizon store. BIG MISTAKE. They couldnt figure out how to exchange it with it literally charging me $80 just to return the device. Almost 3 hours later they throw up their hands and que customer service to call me while im still in the store. I explain the situation and the store rep even talks to the phone rep and the phoe rep says he's got to manually activate the defective device to exchange it and he put me on hold (no music) and after a couple minutes checks back and says his manager is overriding it and to hang on. 15 minutes of complete silence go by with me and the store rep just sitting there waiting. I finally ended the call and the rep signalled them to call me back immediately. the initial announcements said they were open until 7pm and finally it came to the last one which said due to covid19 they closed early i checked the time. 633.) They literally left me on hold and clocked out. The store rep suggests i chat with customer service because "they can do things we cant'"

So i leave too exhausted and appalled to even react. So after 2 hours chatting to the supervisor via my verizon app he's still trying charge me for the exchange and create a brand new order to replace the defective device and make me pay the tax on it again! 

IT SHOULDNT BE THIS HARD TO EXCHANGE A DEFECTIVE DEVICE. Shame on you, Verizon. Why are you giving me the run around? Am I wrong to expect the the device i purchase from you is functional? Am I wrong to expect that you will replace this out of the box will not turn on will not charge confirmed in store to be DOA defective device free of charge? It is appalling how customer service online and in store keep sending me back and forth pointing fingers at the other to fix the problem. Why wont someone step up and say sorry that we provided you faulty equipment faulty customer service and sorry for giving you the run around we're going to overnight you the phone you ordered like it should have breen the first time we are so sorry for the delay in receiving the device you ordered. Please send the defective one back upon arrival. And you know what? here's a free gift for your pain and suffering. 

Im so disappointed i could cry. But mostly im just outraged. 

Who I have the same questioned this topic