Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,224 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Dual SIM/eSIM support for the new Samsung Note 20 Ultra
jwolchko
Enthusiast - Level 2

The specs for the Samsung Note 20 Ultra on Samsung's website say the phone has an eSIM as well as a hybrid Dual SIM tray if you are willing to give up your SD Card slot on the tray. It also states that the availability of these items varies by carrier and location.

I have been asking in the Q/A section of the sales page for the Note 20 Ultra and answers from VZWB vary from completely useless to mildly frustrating. Possibly the most useful was when they were asked if the Note 20 Ultra would support eSIM, the answer was Yes. But when I followed that up with the question of would it the support Dual SIM with eSIM, the answer was that it didn't support eSIM, so No. Those two answers contradict each other.

What I am trying to get a definitive answer on, is will I be able to have two lines on this phone with Verizon like the IPhone 11 can do? There really isn't any good reason why it shouldn't work, but after a recent tech support nightmare trying and failing to get a Google Pixel 4XL  do 2 lines after 2 weeks of T3 tech support, I'm not willing to take the same shot in the dark with this new phone. The Google Pixel 4XL IS listed in Verizon's supported Dual SIM with eSIM devices, however they were unable to make it work for me. Mostly because T3 tech support never bothered to call back when they were supposed to.

I have been carrying a personal phone and a work phone for almost 3 years now and it is exhausting. With having a Samsung watch and using Bluetooth speakers, Samsung Bluetooth earbuds and Bluetooth in the car, it's a juggling hassle to keep everything connected. A single phone for the two lines would vastly uncomplicate my life. I'm just too invested in the Samsung platform and the Andriod OS to switch to IPhone.

I've been a Verizon customer for about 25 years? At least as long as it has been since they bought AllTel. I hate to have to switch to T-Mobile just to get 2 line support on an Android platform, but they have a handful of phones that are proven to work with a good track record. Most of my upgrades are paid up and current, so it would be an easy switch.

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic