Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,912 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Insane data spike and lack of any helpful customer service
hgkd
Enthusiast - Level 1

This month, Verizon has decided that my data usage has increased by an astronomical degree, to the point where I'm down to 10% of my data with 20 days left in my cycle. This despite my almost never going over in prior months, and when I have, it's in the last day or two of teh month and coincides with a month of lots of travel. Of course, with the current situation, I'm at home and on my wifi network all day with the exception of when i go to the store or a walk outside. Yet, presumably in an attempt to force their customers to buy more data, Verizon appears to have decided to change the way they charge for data usage - I can only guess by charging any data, regardless of whether on wi-fi or cellular, against their customer plans. This is unacceptable.

Further, after talking to an person over chat, I was given no help whatsoever, only a list of stock answers. I was told it was because my cellular "covered" for the wi-fi when the wifi was spotty, and despite my telling the person that I had that option turned off specifically, they continued to ignore anything I said and just copy-paste stock answers.

Have been with verizon for almost 15 years now; going to switch to AT&T or another wireless provider on Monday unless this is fixed.

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic