Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,059 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

5G Coverage Map Lied!
Phillip587
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 5G coverage map posted on the VZW site shows 5G is Live in certain areas around Charlotte, NC. Well I took a drive and a stroll today to center city at the Bank of America stadium and guess what? NO 5G UltraWide Band icon popped up on my phone. I thought my phone was broken. I rebooted my phone, switched to airplane mode, reset network settings and finally factory reset it and set it up as new and still only had 4GLTE. I then hopped in my car and drove down to South Park mall as the map claimed that 5G was active there and guess what? NO 5GUWB icon showed up there either. So I stopped by a corporate VZW store on Fairview Road and swapped my sim card just in case of an issue there. Still NO 5G. The nice young lady in the store proceeded to tell me that 5G isn't fully live in Charlotte. That it has only been live for football games and then shut off. She even pointed out the 5G antenna in her store that is completely dead. I ran multiple speedtest at all locations thinking maybe the icon on my phone was broken and i could only get between 40 and 60 Mbps upload and download speeds. Verizon please update your 5G coverage map to show 5G is not working yet in Charlotte, NC. Also please stop getting people excited about something you don't even have working yet! I had the exact experience with 4GLTE 10 years ago. They tell me they have launched it in my area and then it never worked until a year later. 

Who I have the same questioned this topic