Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,100 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

Combat Robo Calls - When Will Verizon Implement Caller ID Authentication?
AJCAMP
Enthusiast - Level 3

The FCC has finally had enough of illegal Robo Marketing Calls and has called for all major voice carriers to implement the SHAKEN/STIR standards for CALLER ID AUTHENTICATION!

WHEN WILL VERIZON IMPLEMENT THE ANTI-ROBO Technology??

This is the FCC link that discusses SHAKEN/STIR ANTI-ROBO TECHNOLOGY and CALLER ID AUTHENTICATION:

https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication

This report talks about the problem with Caller ID Spoofing and why Verizon Tools such as call blocking are completely ineffective against new robo call technology! I suggested this technology to Verizon over a year ago - to verify caller ID and drop robo calls that spoof caller ID. but Verizon didn't listen. Now the FCC is DEMANDING that after Dec 2019, all major carriers have SHAKEN/STIR technology on place! I hope Verizson is listening!

SHAKEN/STIR is a caller ID authentication protocol. It provides for carriers to "Digitally Sign" caller ID across communications networks to verify that caller ID is not being spoofed by robo callers. Since caller ID can only be verified by the call-originating carrier, it would be the responsibility to the originating carrier to 'digitally sign' the caller ID it is passing onto other networks and validate that the Caller ID was not spoofed. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DETECT AND BLOCK RBO CALLS!

Thank You Verizon for adopting this technology ASAP!

Who I have the same questioned this topic