Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,650 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Who I have the same questioned this topic

SCAM: Told I get a free tablet with new phone, now being charged $350 for device + $25 a month
cursedtablet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to get a new iPhone at a Verizon store in Los Angeles back in June, and the sales guy told me that they were giving away free tablets (Verizon brand) with every new phone. I refused to believe him and asked this dude, like, literally 20 times if it was actually free with no strings attached or if I would start seeing charges for it on my monthly bill. He told me I would see a new phone number affiliated with the tablet but NO ADDITIONAL COST. No joke I would NOT let this go and asked a billion times, and he assured me that he had already given out a couple dozen of them this week, he promises it's just some special promotion, etc. Just sign on this line (didn't even show me a contract or anything) and I can take home the tablet for FREE! 

Fast forward a couple months and I'm now being charged $25 a month for this tablet that I've LITERALLY NEVER EVEN TURNED ON. I'm SO angry about this. I'm being charged $10 a month for "line access" (again, never used a single bit of data on this stupid butt thing) and another $15 a month to pay off this device that has turned out to be $350. I'm LIVID. Do not accept a tablet for "free," it's a complete and utter scam. I can't believe Verizon allows this kind of thing, they should be totally ashamed. 

Labels (1)
Who I have the same questioned this topic