Can't Verify Device in My Verizon App (Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+ GM-G975U1-OD)

miraidave

After numerous attempts with customer service over the phone, I am still having trouble accessing the My Verzion App on my phone.  I recently switched to Verizon on my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+ I bought from Samsung directly (SM-G975U1-OD).  When I open the app, it asks me to verify the device.  I put my phone number in, request for a verification code, then get this error:

"Sorry, we cannot send a verification code.  It looks like your device is not eligible for SMS and you do not have your email-id set up.  If you need help, give us a call at 800.922.0204."

This doesn't really make sense because my phone can receive SMS from Verizon.  I also have my email set up in My Verizon.  I can also access My Verizon from the website.  The customer service rep I talked to even went so far as to remove the account for me to register again inside the app, which worked only until I closed the app and opened it again later.  I think this is related to my device being unlocked.  Has anyone every encountered this situation before?

0 Likes
Who I have the same questioned this topic